ten

i probably look like a deer caught in the headlights. the main reason why i didn't recognize him is because of his blonde hair. what the hell is up with that?

"you still look like a gold digger." he tells me.

of course he was going to be on jack's side. why am i not surprised.

"and you're still ugly." i insult, hoping that'll get him to leave me alone.

but it doesn't.

he narrows his eyes at me, "come on." he mutters, grabbing onto my arm.

i begin to protest, but then immediately stop, not wanting to create a scene. i unwillingly let him drag me wherever he wants me to go. i could easily stab him with my high heels.

"so you're the infamous octavia?" the longer haired boy questions. "cheating on someone so successful. you must not have very high standards."

i glare at him, "who are you? jack's got some nerve to be talking about me to some stranger."

"i'm not a stranger." sam speaks up. "i was at your wedding."

"not you! i'm talking about him." i say, pointing to the boy who was talking previously.

"why would i tell you my name? you're not on my good side."

i roll my eyes, obvious exasperation displaying on my face. sam mutters something and then the name 'derek'. he continues to pull me to the bar.

"gilinsky, look who i found." sam says, causing someone to turn around.

jack looks at me and it's like he's trying to hide his surprise and anger. fuck, i hate myself for thinking he looks breathtakingly beautiful.

"you said you went to find a stripper and came back with octavia. why am i not surprised?" a voice speaks up and i turn my gaze toward nate maloley.

he's swishing- what seems to be whiskey- around in his glass, making the eyes clink inside of it. my eyebrows pull together from his harsh words. holy hell, i didn't think this many people hated me.

"watch it." jack growls toward nate and then turns his attention toward me. "what are you doing here?"

"i was enjoying myself." i lie. "until sam came up to me, asking if me or any of my friends were strippers."

derek splutters a laugh, making jack glare at him. his hair is a bit messy and i can tell he's ran his hair through it a few times. he tends to do that when he's frustrated.

"i don't want to talk to you anymore. just go." jack tells me, making my eyebrows raise in shock.

"i didn't want to talk to you in the first-"

"go." he cuts me off sternly.

i bite my teeth together in an attempt to cool and control myself. all of their eyes are on me, awaiting my next move, but i just huff, walking back to where clara and alessia are. what did i even do that upset jack so much.

i should be the one upset. he can't just tell me that he wants to take me back. it doesn't work like that.

"what just happened?!" clara rushes when i return to the table. "one moment, he's asking us if we're strippers and the next, he's pulling you away."

"jack's friends." i mutter. "which is super coincidental."

"that's trippy. being here at the exact same time." alessia comments.

"here, drink away." clara orders, pushing my cocktail over to me.

"thanks." i mumble, sipping the beverage through a skinny straw.