BOOK 2 - Ch•1

A/N: You all asked for book two... well, here you go! Your wish is granted. Thank you for reading, enjoy! <3

6 Months Later

"Cannon Ball!" I yelled loudly, more of a word of warning, while running full-speed towards the rooftop pool, and unhesitatingly taking a giant leap of faith into the air once I was a foot away from the edge. My body flew a few feet over the water's surface. My legs curled up under my chin as my arms wrapped around them swiftly.

It was a perfectly sunny day in Malibu California. Palm trees dotted the land and swayed gently in my vision. April, my friend, quickly swam out of the way to avoid getting splashed by the rush of water that I would soon create. My body collided with icy water causing a giant splash around the pool. Water sprayed up everywhere, getting all the tables and chairs wet. It's a good thing this pool belongs to me instead of it being a public pool. There would be a lot of annoyed people right about now. I played around under water for a moment before popping out through the surface. Taking a gulp of air I asked "How was that?"

April wringer out her fiery red hair, a humorous expression crossed her pale face, her dark eyes shining under the sun "You got me soaked, Jessi!"

"You're in a pool" I pointed out, swimming doggy style to the edge of the pool and flashing her a perplexed glance "You were already soaked, no matter your argument, you were already in the wrong". April sucked her teeth at that. I then took a breath of air and dove back under, placing my hands on the bottom so I could perform a handstand.

      A series of bubbles broke from my nose and traveled up my face, then floated towards the pools surface. I opened my eyes underwater, interlocking them with my fingers that balanced on the bottom as the chlorine began to burn my irises.

"Hey, so when does the Stark Expo thing start tonight?" April asked when I returned to the air. She was already out of the pool and sitting on the edge, a towel wrapped around her shoulders.

"Soon" I swam to the latter and began to climb out of the pool, taking it step by step "New York time is weird... EST" I emerged onto the patio and ran my fingers over my wet hair "stands for Eastern Satellite Temperature or something'-"

"I... don't think that's what it means" April said slowly.

"Or something" I reiterated "I'm trying to get better at acronyms, anyway, let's go see if it's on"

We wrapped towels around our one piece bathing suits and went inside of the house. April and I decided to make chicken nuggets. Dad found these interesting dinosaur shaped nuggets at the store last week and picked them up for me, saying that they looked cool and that he thought I'd like them. He was right, and when he saw that I ate the entire bag in three days, he went to pick up five more.

      April found Rihanna on the radio and we danced to her as we prepared to make dinner. Yesterday, Dad and Pepper had took a plane to New York City earlier, leaving me here with April for the day. She has spent the whole day with me, and would hang out through the night with me. Dad and Pepper should get back home first thing tomorrow morning.

      I haven't liked to be home alone after the whole Obadiah incident. It makes me feel like someone could break in, that my house isn't safe even though it's the most high tech, secure place since Dad readjusted and revamped the security system.

"Miss. Stark" Jarvis called out. I pulled eyes away from the ocean view in the kitchen window.

"Hm?"

"I believe your chicken nuggets are burning"

"Ah!" I jumped, running back to the toaster oven.

"Jessi!" April called from the living room. She had turned on the TV, I could hear the reporter rambling on in the speaker "The EXPO is starting!"