05

fred weasley stared at the quiet girl sitting at the ravenclaw table. she was eating toast and reading her textbook. fred knew she was already studying for exams, and he sighed.

sometimes he felt too dumb for someone like her.

fred had amazing scores though, he always did good in class. however, calla's scores were extremely high — hell, hermione granger looked up to calla for her studying skills.

he felt undeserving of her love, or of even talking to her. he looked down at the letter he had written last night, frowning.

"hey freddie! what've you got there?" george asked, startling fred. his twin plopped beside him and reached his arm out to grab the letter.

"no!" fred panicked, holding it out of his brother's reach.

"what? why can't i see it?"

"it's...it's private. i swore to secrecy to never let anyone else read it. i'm sorry."

george just shrugged, "a secret's a secret. oh, and stop staring at calla atkins. it's rude." fred turned to george, mouth slightly agape. "what? it's so noticeable. i won't say anything though. but, it's time to make a move."

fred furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"dude! you've been eyeing calla since first year! if you wait any longer, there'll be slimmer chances. besides, her parents could pull her out of school due to all the petrifying."

fred sighed, "okay, what do i do?"