16

The entire class is spent daydreaming and thinking for Grace. Alaric teaches the class, but is also thinking and wondering what would happen between them. He knew it was impossible for a vampire to become not a vampire anymore unless they took the cure. But then, they'd never be a vampire again. Grace daydreams about what it would actually be like for her and Alaric to have a child now before their chance is over. She knew once Damon found out, he'd instantly turn her back again just to keep Elena from losing her sister as well. Class finally ends and Grace stays after. It was her free period anyways. She gets up and goes to sit on Alaric's desk as she always does.

"What's going to happen to us?" Alaric asks softly.

"I think we should make sure Damon doesn't find out. Give me at least the rest of the school year and then we can take advantage of this. Damon can't find out. Otherwise he will change me back as soon as he finds out. So, avoiding Damon seems to be the best for me at least." Grace says looking at him.

He sighs but nods. He walks over to her and sets his hands on her shoulders before kissing her forehead and closing his eyes. The hour passes by quickly and she heads to her class. She gets there and sits down. It's calculus with Caroline.

The day passes quickly. Damon texts her at the end of the day asking her if she wants to hang out. She comes up with a quick excuse trying to avoid him as best as she can. She hated lying to her best friend. But she had to. He couldn't know. Grace goes home with Elena and knows that Alaric was going to the Grill to drink with Damon. Alaric was going to do his best to distract him. He only had to do it for another two months before she would be graduating with Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie.

"This really sucks. I don't want to avoid Damon. I just can't be turned back. Not yet." Grace says to Elena.

"I understand. I know you want to be able to have a child with someone before its too late. You just got the lucky chance to be changed back human by klaus' mother." Elena says as she lays her head on Grace's lap.

The two of them had Bonnie and Caroline over for a sleepover. They were all in Elena's room. Grace's room was messy right now, so they couldn't exactly be in her room. So they chose Elena's.

"Just remember what it's for." Caroline says smiling softly at Grace.

"Yeah. It would be fun to have a baby around. Especially between you and Alaric. The kid would be so adorable." Elena says.

Bonnie was sitting on the bed being quite and trying to use her powers. There were these two witches in town and they had managed to take away her powers. Bonnie was doing whatever she could to try and get them back.

"That's true. But still. Avoiding Damon is going to be hard." Grace says.

Grace knew it would be really difficult for her to avoid Damon. But she knew what she wanted. She knew that if she did, she would finally have something good happen in her life that she's always wanted with the person she loves.