Chapter 16 - Girls Day Out

I woke up at 8:43 on Sunday, I got up and started making pancakes, I turned on Little Shop Of Horrors and sang along. 

"THEY SAY THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT!" I sang leaping across the floor. "AND YOU'RE A MEEK LITTLE GUY!" I sang, but my phone didn't. My phone was ringing, therefore the Office Theme song was playing. I looked at the phone, it was my friend Josie from Spanish.

"Hello?" I asked, picking up the phone.

"Hi, it's Josie, I was wondering if you would want to go, and like get lunch today?"

"Oh, sure! I'd love to! Wait, I'm going to invite Franchesca, you know, from our choir class."

"Ok, sounds fun."

"Hey would you maybe like to come over before, like to the Rodgers?" I asked, I was home alone a lot and I was starting to get bored.

"Oh my gosh yes!! I would love to! I'll be over in 20 minutes."

"Ok see you then!" With that I hung up and texted Franchesca.

(Josie is coming over to the Rodgers, and then we're going to get lunch, do you want to come?)

(YES! I'll be there in a few!!)

(Awesome, see you then.)

20 minutes later Josie and Franchesca had come over and he were sitting in my room, on a massive bean bag. I was texting, as were Josie and Franchesca, I was telling Lin that we were leaving, so I wasn't going to be at the Rodgers.

(Hey! So I know it's your day off but I still wanted to let you know that I'm not going to be here. I'm going out to lunch with my friends)

(Are you now?)

(Yeah, is that a problem?)

(No, but I am definetly coming with)

(Why? It's going to be 3 girls talking about dudes...)

(Because it's going to be 3 girls talking about dudes! Duh! We can get our hair done!)

(Ok Lin. You may come... But you'll be the only dude, unless you can find someone else who wants to go and get their hair done and hang out with 3 teenage girls.)

(MUAHAHAHA! Ah but I have, see you in 5)

10 minutes later, Franchesca, Josie, Lin, Daveed and I were sitting in the Paul Labreque Salon. I thought it was weird that Lin chose this specific place. I mean, there's literally a hair place NEXT DOOR to the Rodgers, and we passed 6 hair salons on our way here. To be honest I'm confused, yet happy, because nothing feels better than someone else shampooing your hair.

"Hey, why are we at this specific place? We actually passed 6 hair salons to get here."

"Oh no reason, Vanessa goes here so I assume it's nice."

"Ok..." I was still confused but very excited about the shampooing, like seriously, I love it.

"So, Abigail, you are your boyfriend were out late last night, what'd you do?" Daveed asked, I looked over and he was wiggling his eyebrows, I broke out laughing.

"Nothing! He just took me out to dinner, and then we walked back by the Gershwin!" 

"Wait, you had a date last night?" Josie asked.

"Yeah, it was nice."

"Why did you specifically go the the Gershwin?" Asked Franchesca.

"Because Wicked's my favorite musical. Ever since I was 10." 

"¡NO ME DIGA!" Lin yelled, and legitimately wanted to cry, I'm decently sure that's 90% of the reason he wanted to come. The other 10% was the fabulousness of his hair.

As we were walking out the door, Lin kept staring at Daveed with this dopey grin.

"WHAT?" Daveed responded, "whats going on here! Is there something you would like me to know?"

"There's a Pier 1 Imports next door." Lin said gesturing.

"Ugh. Screw that place!" Daveed said and we all started laughing, "SCREW PIER 1 IMPORTS!" We kept laughing, "You know what?" And with that Daveed ran into the store giving everyone inside the middle finger and yelling at them. After making it around the store once he ran back out, "guys, hurry, they're coming!!" He started sprinting back to the car, and so did we. We all got in the car quickly when  the Pier 1 Imports manager ran outside.

"Really Daveed?! Again?!?!" We were all crying laughing in the car ride back, I have never been so proud of an adult man in my life.

Hi! Sorry it's late, also I'm sorry about Daveeds choice in words, I would use the actual quote, but I don't swear, I'm so sorry. 

Thanks for reading

- Abi