one

"Good evening, idiots," the girl's thick New York accent rang throughout Lafayette cemetery, catching the attention of the coven. The girl stepped out from the shadows, revealing her face. An audible gasp escaped Sophie Deveraux's lips. "I bet you all thought you'd seen the last of me."

"Madison," she muttered, a mixture of fear and shock coursing through her body.

"Surprise, bitch," Madison smirked, flicking the hair off her shoulder. "I'd say it's nice to see you again, Soph, but I don't like you. Now, your sister successfully lured me back to this godforsaken place, why?"

"I think you're going to want to stay once you hear what we have to say."

"As you'll recall patience isn't one of my strong suits, so you have exactly 5 minutes to explain why the hell I'm here before I slit every one of your damn throats," she folded her arms over her chest.

The witches lead Madison towards a burial vault, where the walls had been lined with candles. Madison pulled a cigarette from her pocket and lit it on one of the candles.

"I don't think you want to do that," Sophie said, stopping the blonde from putting the cigarette in her mouth.

"Just hurry up and explain why I'm here."

"You're familiar with Klaus Mikaelson, are you not? I mean, you did sleep with him on multiple occasions," Agnes, another one of the witches spoke up.

"What does he have to do with this?"

"Klaus has everything to do with this," Sophie continued. "Long story short, he's a hybrid, and you're pregnant. It's one of nature's loopholes."

"I'm not pregnant," Madison rolled her eyes, placing the cigarette in her mouth, smoke filling her lungs.

"Jane-Anne died to confirm this."

"Can't say I'm sorry to hear that," she shrugged, blowing out a puff of smoke. "Okay, let's say I am pregnant, this baby clearly means something to you. I will kill this baby, even if I have to kill myself in the process."

"We all know you're too selfish for that."

"You're forgetting that I can just bring myself back," she rolled her eyes. "Anyway, 5 minutes is up."

Madison was unaware of the witch approaching her from behind, a heavy rock in her hands. The cigarette fell from Madison's fingers as the rock came into contact with her head, knocking her out cold.

-

Sophie Deveraux and Elijah Mikaelson were outside the cemetery where the witches gathered. The gate squeaked as Sophie pushed it open, Elijah unable to enter.

"This is sacred ground, which means vampires have to be invited in. But, since I'm desperate... Come on in," Sophie let out a small sigh as Elijah entered the cemetery. "We can talk freely here."

"Then I suggest you start talking," the Original vampire demanded. "What did your sister want with Niklaus?"

"Isn't it obvious? We have a vampire problem, and we need help. Marcel has an army backing him. The witches have been trying to fight back. We haven't had much luck, until my sister Jane-Anne caught word that one of our own, was in fact not dead, and had been hanging around in a small town in Virginia. She had a special connection to your brother," Sophie resisted the urge to smirk.

"What kind of connection?" Elijah inquired.

"Apparently, they spent some time together. One thing led to another and now this special witch girl – she's pregnant. And the father of the child she's carrying is your brother Klaus."