01

Gerard Way was the cringey, overly emo band fanatic that everyone hated. Everyday he would show up to college in a new graphic tee or band shirt, rubber bands decorating his wrists and black skinnies clinging to his legs. And everyday, he would squeal when his favourite song came on through his headphones. Sometimes, when his eyeliner was especially good, he would glare at the other students as they walked by. Kellin Quinn's oh-so-terrifying 'screaming' fueled him.

God, he thought he was so hardcore.

And we all know that every hardcore, edgy person needs someone equally as cool to date.

Which is where Frank Iero comes into this.

Frank Iero, in Gerard's eyes, was the definition of cool. He had shaved blonde hair on either side of a black mop, and his eyeliner could only be compared to that of Pete Wentz (Gerard's god). To top it all off, he was hot, and he sat in front of Gerard in half of his lectures, meaning Gerard got a great view of his ass. Every. Single. Day.

This particular early morning, Gerard was wiping sleep out of eyes and pulling out his small black notebook as Frank took the seat in front of him. The former's black fringe fell into his eyes as he fought, for once in his life, to keep it away from them. No way was he gonna miss any viewing time of Frank's perfect ass.

He watched as the shorter boy pulled out his phone, studying the way he used the chair as if it was his throne. He watched the back of Frank's head for a few minutes before getting bored and looking down at his own phone. It's not like he could stare at Frank for hours - Frank was no Andy Biersack.

Gerard was yawning again as he opened the new app he'd downloaded last night, Yik Yak, and began scrolling through the feed. The page automatically refreshed, displaying the latest posts from people in his area.

And then he saw it.

He had to fight down the girly scream that came with seeing his favourite band's names, especially on a place as public as this. He just had to let everyone in the nearby vicinity know that he listened to these bands, that he was the cool one.

That he was going to murder someone.

Maybe he should've read exactly what the Original Poster had said about his bands before he reacted.

Sighing, he got ready for battle, just as Patrick Stump sang the perfect accompanying line into his headphones:

Put on your warpaint.