Chapter 18

A/N: And the interviewed will be with... RHYS & RILEY!

The two of them together earned the most of your votes (about 30%), followed by Kennedy and Alec with an equal number of votes (about 18% each).

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT RHYS AND/OR RILEY? Ask in the comments! (no PM-s about this please)

Everyone who comes up with at least one question will be credited in the interview, unless they tell me they don't want to be, of course. You can aim your questions at only Rhys, only Riley or both of the boys.

So what are you waiting for? Ask away! :D

*****

I was sure I was glowing.

The date had gone more than well so far, definitely better than I expected. During the movie, we'd occasionally chat - quietly, of course; we hadn't wanted to disturb the other viewers. That had not been the best part though.

The popcorn - that had been the best.

Not because of the way it had tasted, but because we'd shared it. And because every now and then, when reaching into the same container for the salty treat, our hands would bump into each other, his fingers brushing my skin and mine caressing his.

It had been enough to give me a buzz, but not enough to cause my muscles to tremor. Enjoying the company of my mate without fearing I would shift in front of him was the most amazing experience.

And now?

Now he was sitting in the passenger seat of my car with my jacket over his shoulders. I'd noticed he got cold during the projection, so I'd given it to him. He'd wrapped it tightly around himself, inhaling my scent and smiling.

I wasn't sure if he'd realized he'd done that, but even if Riley hadn't noticed, I had. And I was ecstatic.

The ride back to his apartment was quiet save for the wipers scraping the windshield every few minutes to clear the glass from the light drizzle. The silence was different from the one on our way to the movie theater though. It wasn't awkward, it was comfortable and both of us had a slight smile on our face.

Getting out of the car as soon as I'd parked it, I hurried to open the door for my mate. He seemed to enjoy that; he had a huge grin when I did so. I walked him up the stairs that led to the outside landing, taking deep and hopefully quiet breaths with each step.

I couldn't let this end like it had last Friday. I had to do something else. Maybe give him a hug?

Things had gone well in the cinema when I touched his hand, but would I manage a hug?

My throat had gone dry and so had my lips. I licked them and took another long inhale. We were on the landing; now what?

"So..." Riley fiddled with his keys. "I enjoyed tonight."

"So did I," I assured him, praying the nervous note in my voice would go unnoticed.

A minute or so passed in awkward silence while I rummaged through my brain, attempting to think of something to say, something that won't make me come out as a complete imbecile. In the mean time Riley put his keys back into his packet, took them out and put them back in again.

"Goodnight." He leaned forward and before I could stop myself, I followed suit.

Riley closed his eyes and waited. I hesitated; was it safe to kiss him?

Just a little kiss, a tiny voice in my mind incited.

What harm can it do? Just a peck on the cheek, it kept on tempting me.