Therapy.

AN: So, the first song is Road Untraveled by Linkin Park, and the one in the last chapter is Animal I Have Become by Three Days Grace.
And this song is, Never To Late also by Three Days Grace.
Possible pic of Shadow above, that is close enough to what she looks like.
Enjoy reading.

××

This world will never be

What I expected

And if I don't belong

Who would have guessed it

I will not leave alone

Everything that I own

To make you feel like it's not too late

It's never too late

××

Black Canary sat in front of Shadow, in what she liked to call "Her office", a cup of a coffee in her hand, six on the table separating her from the assassin.
She had a feeling it would be a long session.

'So Shadow, how do you feel?'

The girl in question, was staring absentmindedly at the steaming cup of coffee in her hands.
It took several moments before she shifted, looking the older woman in the eye.

'I feel like killing myself.'

And then she took a sip, putting the heroine in a daze for what must have been the third time today.

'That. . .' Dinah paused, choosing her next words carefully, 'was a very direct answer.'

Then she took a sip as well, under the cautious eye of Shadow.

It was a waiting game, Canary was waiting on Shadow to break down and start talking, while Shadow was waiting for the hero to start an argument and contradict her statement.

'It was a straight forward question.' Shadow said slowly, blowing lightly on the cup, watching ripples form on the surface of the black beverage.

'How's the coffee?' The blonde asked, diverting from the original topic. 'I didn't know how you liked yours.'

'Hmm,', The gangleader hummed. 'I like it this way, dark; no sugar, no milk.'

More minutes passed in silence, each of them occupied with their own thoughts.

Canary knew that this was some type of test, and only after passing it will Shadow consider opening up to her. She had to change her approach, or else she'd fail, miserably.

'Do you think I should do it?' Shadow asked suddenly, snapping her out of her thoughts.

'I don't.' The hero said. 'But I'm not you. I don't know your reasons. I can't read your mind.'