39

"Kai?" I repeated, hearing my own voice crack slightly towards the end. He sent me a wink and I laughed, hurrying back over to him.

Before he could even blink I had my lips over his, gripping his blazer tightly to bring him closer to me. Kai kissed me back, holding the back of my neck while his other hand pressed against my lower back, running down which made me end the kiss.

Kai chuckled and I bit my lip, the scent of his blood was so strong especially since he was bleeding. My eyes glanced at the bloodied knife in his hand and I knew it couldn't have meant anything good.

"Miss me?" He asked, kissing my forehead and caught my attention again.

"Not as much as you missed me." I teased. Kai tolled his eyes and kissed me again. I fought back my tears.

"You're here." I managed to say. Kai shrugged. "How are you here? I thought-"

"Ri, catch up time will be later." He told me. "I have work to do."

I raised a brow. "Work?"

"Riley get away from him!" I heard someone yell. I stepped away from Kai and turned around. My heart shattered when at what I saw.

Ric bawling his eyes out as he held his bride in his arms. Her body was still and I heard no heartbeat.

"Jo." He sobbed, holding her closer to him. Only then did I realised the bloody wound on her stomach, ruining her once gorgeous dress.

Her children. The thought alone brought tears to my eyes and I felt arms wrap around me.

I went to hit Kai but he caught my hand. My eyes lifted up to meet his and I felt somewhat scared of him. "What did you do?" I asked in a small voice.

He rolled his eyes, his top button undone and he had blood splattered on his white shirt beneath his black blazer. Kai tilted his head and shrugged. "I did what I had to do Ri." He told me, taking ahold of my hands.

I moved away from him and shook my head. "Don't." I said. "You murdered those children and Jo. She was your sister."

"This was the only way I can stay Gemini leader without any competition." Kai cupped my face and kissed my forehead. "And I can be with you, Ri."

"Not like this though." I confessed. "I don't want this Kai."

"What?" His face dropped. "But this was all for you Ri."

"No it wasn't." I snapped, fighting my tears. "You did this to save yourself, you always pick yourself."

"Ri-"

"Kai don't." I said, moving away from him. "If you're like this now, then."

"Then what?"

"Then I don't want you." I admitted. "You should've have come-"

Kai kissed me and I instantly melted on the spot. I knew that he was different and it wasn't for the better but every time he kissed me, I felt my Kai.

"Kai, what happened to you?" I asked when I noticed his neck. "How are you alive?"

"Long story but I'm a vampire and witch."

"A what?"

"You're looking at the most powerful thing ever in Mystic Falls." He kissed my forehead. "And I'm loving vampirism on you Ri, it's sexy."

"Well you thank Lily for that."

Kai grinned. "Well what I want to see is no humanity Riley, she must be so hot."