Chapter 1

Two Years Later

EMMA

"Don't stop, don't stop" I plead. Todd pushes me closer to the edge as I clutch his face pressing my forehead to his, sweat glistening over his slightly tanned skin.

"Emma! Emma we're back!" I hear outside my door pulling me out of my moment of near bliss. Lina's excited shrieks made me realize just how late in the day it was and the banging on my door made my fears certain.

"Emma..." she giggles my door handle trying to open my door "why is your door locked?"

How did she not know why? It will be our sixth year living together and she doesn't know what a locked door, especially my locked door, means? I nearly wanted to just yell that I was screwing someone in here but I'm not a monster, Todd was too nice and contrary to what I believe sometimes, I do have a heart.

"Oh Jesus Emma get her out of here" Todd moaned, still pushing into me but with Lina just a few feet away I had no desire left.

He needs to get out, I haven't seen her in months and no matter how close we are having her burst in on me and my latest flavor of the month, or in this case flavor of this summer, was not the desired 'welcome back' moment I wanted for the two of us.

"Oh just finish already" I sigh, looking into his eyes for the first time.

Men are so clueless sometimes. He simply looked down at me confused. I mean for heaven's sake I kept my shirt on but he needs some encouragement and he had been good to me all summer so I stroke his face "it's ok, just let go" closing my eyes and giving him a smile that brings all men to their knees in the throws of passion.

"Emma!! I don't know what you're doing in their but don't think I won't break down this door" Lina getting annoyed and banging on my door again, with some force this time, Jesus she could be strong when she wanted to.

"We both know you can't do that Lina... and welcome back" lifting myself up to my elbows, clenching around Todd to try and push him on.

Lucky for the both of us it does the trick as he finds his release a soft groan escaping his lips hopefully not loud enough for Lina to hear before I press my hand to his mouth squinting at him giggling and shhhing him.

"Emma?!?! I'll get Henry up here so fast!"

Really? Threatening to bring her boyfriend up here to bust my door down? I scramble out my bed pulling my pants on and throwing Todd his

"Just give me a second... I'm coming." I pull my duvet up and straighten my pillows to try and hide my very recent activities.

Todd looks at me in amazement and a little shock at how changed the room looks in just a few seconds. Todd was a good guy and he knew what this was, we had an understanding. He was the right kind of guy for the summer. We had worked together teaching at the Oxford University summer programs for students and got along great, we were more than acquaintances but I wouldn't push it to friends. Afterall when school starts up again on Monday we would slide back into our normal lives and routines. Our relationship would be reduced to a friendly hello if we saw each other around and that was perfectly fine.

"So what do you want me to do Emma?" He whispered leaning in close to my face, staring down into my eyes.

"I think the window is best" I smile at him, a little guilty for making him sneak out yet again "if you don't mind of course." With one final smirk and a goodbye kiss on the cheek he was by the door before I could say goodbye.

With on final peak in the mirror to make sure I wasn't entirely flushed from my tryst with Todd I unlocked my door as an unruly Lina pushes through and engulfs me in another one of her classic Lina hugs.