Chapter 6

The moment I press that 'send' button, it feels so beyond good. It feels like I'm throwing away the weight I have been carrying on my shoulders for so long. It feels like I've been set free.

I block my cellphone, put in in my pocket and plop down on my bed. I'm staring at the ceiling and thinking of how fucking amazing this feeling is. I finally did this. I unlock my bedroom door and walk downstairs. Dad is sitting on the couch working on his computer and mom is talking to her sister on the phone. I sit down on the couch and turn on the TV.

Dad smiles at me and holds my hand for an instant before typing something on his computer.

Everything feels fine.

***

I look on the clock on my side. It's 11:17 pm. I need to sleep or else I'll wake up exhausted tomorrow to school. I check my phone once more. The last text I sent is to Tyler. Maybe if I simply delete his old contact from my phone things will be better. I click on all of the 301 texts I sent him. I look at the biggest text I ever sent to someone. My eyes run to the corner of the screen.

Seen, 11;03 pm.

My heart starts thumping in my chest. My body doesn't know how to react to this. My body goes rigid. It freezes up to a point in where my whole being just feels numb.

To say I'm only shocked would be the smallest understatement I could ever be able to use.