Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Winter's POV

    It was dark and cold out which was fine, but the howls that made Eden uneasy weren't okay with me. Why did I have to go and run off? I mean now I'm lost, and I don't know where Nova, Landon or Kaine are. And to think, being a wolf is suppose to help sense of direct-

    Eden took control, and stopped me mid step. 

    "Those are Rogues, Winter. They smell you, and I don't know where the other three are. We really shouldn't have run off."  She huffed annoyed and I felt my eyes change. It as erily silent, and I turned a few times to look around.

    A growl from my right made Eden get defensive, but not in time to escape the strong grasp of someone. A male, who smells really nice. Kind of like Kaine. 

    "Be still Princess. It's me."  It was Kaine. I attacked him in a hug and he sighed. I looked around us and saw Nova and Landon too. Thank god. 

    "Come on. We should get her back now."  It was Nova. She sounded annoyed. Whoops. I thought they were right behind me, but they weren't.

    Landon and Kaine walked on either side of me, and Nova was in front. Well shit, I guess they really do want to protect me. We kept walking, and when there was a noise I jumped, and grabbed Kaine's hand. He looked down at me and squeezed my hand gently.

    "Look what we've got here." I heard a man's voice growl. I watched Nova shift, and Landon and Kaine put their backs to me, and were ready to fight. Eden was present, and I looked around. We were surrounded by a group of 4.

    "Don't be scared pups. It'll be over quickly...after we use the girls a bit." Another sneered. I watched Nova get jumped by 2, then the other two came at us. Eden had me growling lowly, and I was panicking. Like hardcore, hyperventilating on the inside. 

    Landon and Kaine snarled, and I watched Nova start to have a hard time. That's when I felt Eden get upset.

    "We have to do something to help her."  She whined angrily. I saw Nova get pinned, and she yelped and that's when my body moved. I went for the man on top of her and tackled him to the ground. After that, I pinned him down, only to have him screaming and swearing at me angrily. I was slowly getting angry, and pressed down on his neck causing him to stop.