Chapter 16: It's in the Job Description, Sis

November has to be one of my favorite months of the year. Now don't get me wrong, I love almost every month that has a main holiday in it. But the reason why November is always at one of the top spots on my list is the constant off days we get. Especially when we get four days away from all the stress, work, and school drama.

The average two day weekend is never enough.

A cool breeze hit my back as I slammed my door behind me. My tired limbs let loose of my backpack filled with binders and notebooks, dropping to the floor with a low thud. There is nothing better than falling onto your bed after an exhausting day at school.

It seems the teachers are rather tenacious about cramming in a ton of work during a fifty five minute time period due to the time they're losing with the off days. There was still the share of math homework that we always get, no matter what the occasion was. Other than the bundles of numbers and equations that are needed to be solved, it was Friday with another four day weekend ahead of us.

Exhaustion slowly forced my eyes to flutter shut, dream land calling my name over and over. I never did get the chance to walk through the entryway of the magical dream that awaited me, for the alarming sound of my door swinging open and crashing against the wall made me jolt awake immediately.

Emma stood under my doorway, smirking widely at me. I glared at her. "Can I help you?" My voice groggier from my five minute nap. If only it was longer.

Emma's connecting foot sent my backpack sliding against the hardwood floor and stop at the other side of my bedroom. My bed bounced when Emma's bottom dropped on top. "We, dear sister of mine, are going out." She said.

"Out?" I repeated dumbly.

Emma nodded. "I need time with you too, you know. That Adrian's back in town, I never get to see my sister anymore." Her lip jutted out in a small pout. Her words both annoyed and surprised me. I was clearly irked that I couldn't curl up under my covers and catch up on my sleep, but the other part of me was shocked that both the Daniels sisters were going to go out. Together. Just the two of us.

"I'm sorry, Em. I guess we really don't see each other as often," I said with a frown. It just hit me that the only time I see Emma was generally during breakfast and at dinner. It's not often that I come directly home after school since I'm always with Adrian or the others. "In all fairness, you're always out with Kelly." I added.

"I know," Emma sighed. Her hands wove through her long brown waves. "That's why I want to go out with you. We can go to the mall!" She stated excitedly.

I chuckled. The mall is Emma's ideal hang out place, no matter what age she is. With a huge dramatic sigh, I let my body fall against the bed. "Fine. When are we going?"

"Now. Duh," My wrists were then tightly clasped between Emma's hands as she tried to pull me up and onto my feet. I pushed all my weight back onto the mattress. "Come on, Mace, I saw the cutest pair of heels the other day and they're on sale!" She urged.

The moment of restraint on her tugging caused Emma to get more and more annoyed by the second, especially with the smirk I was trying to suppress. My arms were practically ripped out of their sockets when Emma gave a sudden rough pull to both arms. My shoulders let out a popping sound.

I rolled my elbows in circular motions while glaring at my sister who was now sporting a smirk of her own. I've always called her an evil sister as a child. Now I knew why; she could be very abusive if she wants to. Emma then turned on her heels and began strutting out my room. "Five minutes before I tear your legs off!" She called out in a sing song voice.

Evil sister indeed.

"Walk down the isle."

I sighed and dragged my feet down the isle and back. The type of shoe I was wearing now was nothing compared to the previous ankle breakers Emma calls shoes. These were a simple pair of black combat boots.