Epilogue

❆TYLER'S POV.❆

4 years later.

I sat down on the bench. It has been some time since I haven't come here. Perhaps 2 years ago. College back in Boston has been hard and I've been studying almost nonstop. Yeah, if you wanna be an astronomer you gotta put a lot of effort into it. But no matter how far away I get from here, this place will always feel like home. Maybe it's because I grew up here. Or because here they make the best french fries. Or perhaps it's because I spent my best memoris here.

With her.

I've had a couple of relationships these past years. But nothing made me forget her. I guess it's true when they say that you only give proper worth to things when you finally lose them.

This is the café I would always come with her when we both lived back here. Hell, I'm ordering the same thing we used to order. Eggs, bacon and toast along with our same favorite latte. It seems like every corner of this city somehow reminds me of her. A brunette waitress comes and brings what I requested. After I'm done, I leave a 20 dollar bill on the table and get up to leave.

The street looks quite the same it did when I last came here. I enter a small disco store and look at some of them. My chin lifts up a little and I look back to the street. And that's when my eyes widen.

I'm seeing her.

And she looks so damn gorgeous.

Her blonde locks fall to her shoulder just like they used to some years ago. She's wearing a black dress and some heels, making me smile and think that some things in her will just never change. She's about to cross the street and I notice how blue her eyes really are, even if it's from afar. Her head is bobbing along to a song that she listening to from her earbuds.

It's been more than four years since I last saw her. She's here for her sister's marriage, just like I am. I heard she went to LA to study art. If she only knew she already is pure art.

And now I wonder if she still likes her skinny peppermint latte with no foam burned exactly at 170ºC. Or if she still bites her lower lip whenever she's nervous. Or if perhaps she her favorite band is still Kodaline.

And I remember 4 years ago when she told me she loved me.

And I think that now, I could say it back.

In a heartbeat, without any doubt.