Chapter Forty Eight

The group was quickly forgiven by Marnie and Cedric after they learned the full extent of the situation, but it still didn't solve the problem of what was actually happening.

"So, no Resurrection Stone, and we want to keep the Wagner family out of the spirit world in case they get possessed again...this is just splendid." Marnie said.

"Maybe we don't need the stone or the Wagner family right now." Cedric said.

"Since when can you talk to the other side?" Marnie asked him.

"That's not what I was getting at." Cedric sighed. "I meant there are other ways we can go about communicating with the dead."

"I'm not offing myself-" Marnie began but Eleanor clapped her hand over the woman's mouth. "Go on, Cedric.

"I was going to suggest going to Hogwarts." Cedric told them. " Not only are there ghosts readily available for chatting-"

"Gossiping." Eleanor whispered under her breath.

Cedric glared at her but continued. "But the portraits..right? They were able to be a link to communicating with the dead."

"But is it a full connection to the actual dead?" Fred asked. "I always assumed the paintings were just enchanted to behave like the person would, but they aren't actually the person."

"Well, there's only one way to find out, right?" Cedric said.

"Right, but you realize that the ministry is trying to keep this on the down low." Eleanor said. "A bunch of us waltzing into Hogwarts...it's going to raise some questions."

"Let them ask the questions." Fred said. "We don't have to answer."

"Well, are we going to tell the others of our plan?" Eleanor looked to the group.

"The Order wouldn't tell us anything beforehand." George pointed out. "They acted and then let us know the full scoop. Why should we tell them?"

Eleanor sighed. "Because secrets don't really help the situation."

"Let's be real here, Ellie." Fred said. "If you told your father, he'd have you sit right here until everything was sorted out. Right?"

"Right. You're right. Okay, so let's say we plan on going to Hogwarts, we get there and just ask Professor McGonagall to stroll on in?"

"Sounds good to me." Fred shrugged.

"At least let me send an owl tonight. We can go in the morning, I don't think Hogwarts wants any visitors during the night." Eleanor yawned. She turned her attention to George. "Do you think Judith and her family can wait that long?"

"I think so, as long as they have each other they'll be able to help one another."

Marnie and Cedric left shortly after the plans were made, and Eleanor just wanted to fall onto the bed and sleep for a century.

"I have the headache to end all headaches right now." she said rubbing her forehead.

Fred sat next to her on the edge of their bed and trailed his fingers up and down her back.

"This is all going to be okay, Ellie. We can manage this. We've gone up against a lot worse."

"In a way." she said before falling back onto the bed. "I just want this bastard to die and stay dead! I don't know how many times he can try to do the same thing."

"This will be the last time." Fred reassured her.

"I think we said that the last time." she chuckled lightly.

"At least we're on top of the situation, we know what's going on, so we can't be blindsided."

"I don't know about you Fred, but I was completely blindsided by the fact that your twin's girlfriend grandmother was possessed by the Dark Lord."

"At least it wasn't Judith...that would have been awkward."

"Why?"

"George in bed with-"

"Okay...stop right there. Ew. Mental images!"

"That's payback for Filch in pink and frilly things!"

"You certainly know how to hold a grudge, Mr. Weasley."

"Well, soon-to-be Mrs. Weasley, that's how I roll."

She smiled as he laid back, before she cuddled into him.

"I don't want anything getting in the way of me marrying you, Fred."

"And nothing will." Fred told her before kissing her forehead. "If you're that worried about it, you and I could go and get married tonight. In less than an hour's time."

Eleanor grinned. "I wouldn't be so opposed to the idea if only our families wouldn't kill us."

"Whenever you want to get married Eleanor, I'm ready and willing."

"Oh don't I know it."

"Hey, I said after the war that I wanted you to marry me. I'm letting you choose when. I don't care where or how."

"I'd marry you right now...if I wasn't so sleepy."

Fred chuckled and looked down to respond only to see that Eleanor was out.