Just What I Needed (32)

The first song in the chapter I put in the external link, just so you know.

 “Once I literally played a whole concert with nacho cheese on my shirt.”

Giving an incredulous laugh, Keely leaned forward to take dip her chip in the same dip, although she hoped it wasn't the same that had been on Marissa's shirt. “Seriously?”

“No joke, swear to god,” replied the other girl, grimacing slightly.

Keely just clapped her hands together delightedly. “Well, I doubt I'll do that at the Chrome Palace.”

“It's really not that funny when your father refuses to let you ever put nachos on your writer anymore, I seriously loved these. They were the food I ate before every show since I did my first show. Really confuses the system.”

Shoving a nacho into her mouth, Keely looked at the time, only to let out a quick muffled curse. Gulping down the chip, she hastily snatched up her bag, saying, “And now I really have to go.”

“So my “tell you the most embarrassing things I've ever done on stage so you'll feel better about preforming” session is officially over?” Marissa asked, but despite the hopeful wording, she didn't look to pleased that they were done.

Chuckling, she leaned down to give her friend a swift kiss on the cheek. “Yes, it does.”

“I hope I helped something!”

“If you didn't, the nachos did,” Keely called over her shoulder, swinging her bag on as she moved towards the private elevator.

The last words she heard before the doors closed was Marissa calling, “Say hi to the boys for me!”

Her elevator trip wasn't too long, and Keely felt herself in quite the good mood. Having lunch with a friend was always nice, even if it was just cheap nachos and cheese that she had picked up on the way to Marissa's penthouse, needless to say she'd gotten a few odd looks as she walked in with nachos in hand.

Excited for the day to come, she would have darted out off the elevator, but a tall body blocked her path, causing Keely to stumble back a step when she saw who it was. “Hello Mr James,” she greeted coolly, trying to compose herself. There was still something about the man that was putting her teeth on edge.

“Keely,” he replied, sending her a stiff nod.

Sending him her sweetest false smile, she said, “Have a nice day.”

And without waiting for his reply, edged quickly around himself, letting herself move quickly across the marble floors.

Keely was finding it quite easy to find cabs in New York, in fact she was becoming quite used to hailing them from the sidewalk. It would be quite difficult for her to be bad at it after almost a month and a half in New York since it had become her main mode of transportation after she got Maureen to get rid of the private driver. She just felt awkward having someone hired to drive her places and wait around for her.

Dropping into the back of the cab, she rattled off the address to the driver, only to have him look around at her incredulously. “You seriously want to go to that part of town?” he asked, taking in her clothes, apparently finding she wouldn't fit in with the blue plaid shirt buttoned over a black tank top, ripped jeans and her hair thrown into a messy bun at the top of her head.

“Yeah, I do,” she answered, giving a little sigh. She'd gotten the same reaction before.

Some time later, she paid the taxi driver, still receiving little disbelieving looks and shot out of the cab, crossing the street instantly to get to the warehouse.