MTMR chapter 9

Chapter 9*

April 12th

"We're on our way right now, sweetheart," my mom said. "You left a key or something, right?"

"No, but Annie and Kyle are home right now," I told her, wrapping Andy's fingers in my own. "Just walk in or knock or whatever."

"Who's Kyle?" she asked.

I rolled my eyes. "Annie's boyfriend, Ma," I said. "He was here when you visited during Halloween."

"Oh, that's right," she said like she was just remembering. "I remember him."

"Yeah, they're both home," I reiterated. "We'll be back in about an hour."

"Alright, we'll see you when you get here, baby," she said, a smile in her voice. "I'm gonna bug you for the news as soon as you walk through the door."

I laughed. "I don't doubt it, Mom. We'll see you soon. Bye, Ma."

"Bye, sweetie." Then she hung up.

"They're on their way?" Andy asked, keeping his eyes on the road as he tried to get over to the offramp. He pulled his hand from mine to put both on the steering wheel.

"Yeah, I don't know where they were, but she said they were on their way from the airport," I confirmed.

He nodded as the car came to a stop. "Good, so they're waiting on the news." He flashed me a smile.

I chuckled. "Yeah, my mom was really excited."

"So am I," he said as he picked my hand up again and brought it to his lips. I squeezed his hand and smiled widely. Honestly, so was I. We had been talking about names a lot now and we had agreed that if it was a boy we were naming it Benjamin and if it was a girl it was going to be Rawnie. I loved both names, but I kind of wanted this to be a girl just so I could prove Andy wrong.

We pulled into the hospital parking garage and Andy helped me out since it was becoming more difficult to do things on my own. Having a belly the size of a basketball was a little hindering at times.

As we walked into the OB/GYN ward, we passed by Sarah, the technician from my previous pregnancy. Weirdly, she just smiled and offered a nod as she walked by then looked back down to some papers she had in her hands. She hadn't been in the last few times we came for our ultrasound, but she should still remember us, right?

Andy and I looked to each other to make sure we had seen the same thing. We shrugged and just moved on.

We only had to wait ten minutes for my name to be called and a nurse ushered us behind the door to the nurse's station.

"Name?" she asked as I stepped onto the scale. She just called my name so we could come back here, but I knew it was just part of procedure.

"Alexandria Biersack," I answered, looking at the number on the screen. Apparently, in the last month, I had only gained five pounds. During this whole pregnancy I had only gained thirty, so far.

"Date of birth?"

"April twelfth, nineteen-ninety-three." I sat down in the chair so she could take my blood pressure and temperature.

She gave me a shocked look. "You're just turning nineteen and you're already on baby number three?" When I nodded she clucked her tongue with a smile. "Oh, child, you're only a child." She gave a little chuckle. "Happy Birthday, sugar."