Chapter 25- Should Have Knocked

I walked towards Shane and Taylor's room, anger and irritation flowing through me like a river.

I got to their room and walked right in, I wasn't going to let Shane have a chance to hide what he was doing.

I should've knocked.

Shane was sitting in a chair, Taylor on his lap. Their lips crashing against one another.

I coughed and Taylor turned her head. Surprise and humiliation crossed her face as she stood up.

Shane's face filled with anger and it was directed at me, probably since he was furious with me for ruining his make-out session with my sister.

"Get out." I growled at Shane. He stood up and walked over to Taylor, taking her right hand in his, taunting me.

I gritted my teeth and walked towards Shane. "Let go, and get out."

He smirked and pulled Taylor closer to him. I may have overreacted a bit, because the next thing I knew my knife was at his throat again, his hands in the air.

"Get the hell out or I will cut off your testicles off and feed them to the walkers." I spat venomously.

"This is my room too." He mumbled and walked past me towards the door.

Taylor sighed and sat back down on the bed. "What now?" She growled at me.

I sat down next to her and gritted my teeth. "You need to stop seeing Shane." I said calmly.

Taylor looked at me for a moment and rolled her eyes, chuckling icily. "You can't tell me what to do." She laughed out.

"He had an affair with Lori after his best friend died maybe two days earlier. He just tried to rape Lori, luckily I broke it up." I explained.

I looked up to see Taylor's expression. She was just glowering at me. "Whatever Mariah, you're just jealous and trying to get me to stop liking him."

I crossed my arms and gave her a dirty look. "Why would I be jealous? I hate Shane, I'm telling you the-"

Taylor cut me off. "NO. You're lying to me." She screamed.

She stood up and walked towards the bathroom, running her hand through her hair. "Get out." She said quietly.

My heart broke when she spun around, her face was wet with tears. I got up slowly and I walked to the door. I gave her one last pleading look but she just glared at me hatefully. I opened the door and shut it behind me quietly. As soon as it was shut, sobs erupted from the room. My heart broke as I walked away. I wanted to run to her, tell her everything would be alright but it wouldn't and she knew that.

A new wave of anger rushed over me as I saw Shane approaching from the end of the hallway.

"Stay away from Lori, Shane. You have Taylor now." I commented.

He gave me a blank look then flashed a grin. "Fine, I'll take that deal." He rushed towards Taylor's room before I could say anything else.

Fine, Shane could have Taylor. After all she didn't seem to care about me anymore, so why should I care about her.

I walked to my room and collapsed into the bed. I stared up at the ceiling silently as I laid in the blankets, trying to fall asleep.

After a while Daryl stumbled into the room. He fell into the bed and he poked my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes and sat up. "What do you want?" I asked, my lip quivering.

Concern covered his face as I just blinked at him, waiting for him to say something.

"Whats wrong?" He asked, alcohol weighing heavily in his voice.

"I had a fight okay?" I responded coldly.

"Do you wanna talk 'bout it?"

I stared at Daryl, my mouth wide open in astonishment. Did Daryl Dixon even have compassion? Apparently he did.

I nodded my head and relaxed into the headboard. I told him about Shane and Taylor, about Taylor not caring anymore. I mean she never said she didn't care, but it sure felt like that.

Daryl pretended to listen, he tried his best but this was probably the first time he's ever even listened to someone else's problems.

I finished my story and started to cry, turning into a blubbering mess instantly.

This must have been really awkward for Daryl. I felt bad for putting him in this position, but at least he sorta cared.

After a while, my cries became silent and my tears stopped flowing. Daryl stared at me as if he's never seen anyone cry. I stared back at him, waiting for him to do something. He moved closer to me and I stopped breathing.

My heart skipped a beat as I felt his hand rest on my knee. "Are you going to say something?" I whispered.

He stared back at me, the dim light making his facial expression hard to read. He moved an inch closer and I couldn't stand it anymore. His breath against my face, his lips inches from mine.

I started to close in the space when the bedroom door swung open. I jumped and turned my head to glare at the intruder.

Jason stood there, a wine bottle in one hand and a bloody knife in the other.