Chapter 26- All In One Night

"What the hell?!" Daryl exclaimed as he stood up from the bed.

Jason stepped into the room and shut the door behind him, swaying back and fourth a bit.

Jason's eyes were red and he stared blankly at me"Mariah.. it's Taylor." As soon as he said Taylor, I knew it was Shane, he did something.

I brushed past Jason to the door. I ran down the hallway to Taylor's room, opened the door, and gasped.

Shane laid on the ground, blood pouring from his chest and forehead. I screamed and scurried back from Shane. I stood up and stepped over the body slowly. I bent down and saw multiple stab wounds in Shane's chest and one in his forehead.

He was dead.

A wave of relief washed over me. But then panic made itself at home. Where was Taylor? I stood up and listened.

Sobs echoed from the bathroom and I walked towards the soft cries, knowing that must be where Taylor was.

Sure enough Taylor sat on the bathroom floor, wrapped in a blanket. Her bad arm on the outside. Her armor from the arm was off, leaving a chewed up looking wrist.

I bent down and helped her stand up. The blanket fell to the floor, revealing her naked and bloody body.

"Oh Taylor." I gasped.

She stared at me through wet eyes. I quickly wrapped the blanket around her and brought her over to the bed. I helped her under the covers and laid down next to her.

She turned and sobbed into my shoulder. I hugged her close as she cried.

Taylor was only a few years younger than me but she always has seemed more fragile and petite. Maybe it's because I saw her as a younger sister, but either way the state she was in right now, was the worst I've ever seen her. I hugged her close as Jason and Rick walked into the room, shutting the door behind them.

Jason still looked distant while Rick had obviously been crying. His eyes were red and he looked like he was already mourning. I mean after all, he did just loose his best friend. Jason sat on the edge of the bed and Rick brought a chair over.

Taylor's sobs started to fade, and her face started to dry. I don't know how though. If this had happened to me, I would probably commit suicide, but then again, Taylor was stronger than me.

"Taylor? Can we talk to you?" Rick asked kindly, his voice wavering slightly.

Taylor leaned on my side and nodded. "Can you tell us what happened?" Rick asked again.

Taylor whimpered but gave a slight nod. "Things were moving too fast, I wanted things to stop and Shane wouldn't." Her lower lip quivered as she recalled the events. "He, he tied me to the bed and raped me. Jason came in...." She trailed off looking at Jason.

Rick nodded and whispered something to Jason. Jason quickly stood up and walked to the door.

He disappeared down the hallway and came back a minute later with T-Dog. They quickly dragged Shane's body out of the room. Jason came back in a moment later and sat back down on the bed. "Jason?" I questioned him.

He looked up at me, hatred filled his eyes. "I heard a scream, and I came down here. I found that douche bag attacking her. I stopped him and he tried to kill me. I got lucky, my knife accidentally went into his forehead."

Rick cringed noticeably in his seat and I hugged Taylor closer. She just stared at the wall with empty eyes. Rick and Jason stood up and left the room, probably going to inform the rest of the group about the events.

After a while later I made Taylor take a shower. I picked out some clean clothes for her and laid them down on the bed.

Taylor came out of the bathroom a moment later, she quickly threw on the clothing and crawled into the bed.

I sat down on the edge of the bed and waited for her to say something. "You were right, I should've listened to you." She whispered.

I shook my head. "I shouldn't have even left you alone with him, it's not your fault. This could have happened to anyone." I responded.

She nodded and pulled the blankets near her face. "Do you want me to stay?" I asked.

She shook her head. "No, I want to be alone."

I nodded and stood up. "Lock the door behind me alright?"

She sat up and nodded. I walked towards the door and opened it, still staring at Taylor. After a moment Taylor stood up and followed after me. She closed the door behind me and I heard a lock click.

I sighed and walked back to my room. Daryl was sitting on the bed twirling an arrow in his hand. I shut the door quietly, locked it, turned off the light and crawled into the bed.

Daryl sighed and set the arrow down on the ground. He laid down next to me and laid a hand on my arm.

I tensed at his touch, this was all so new. So much had happened in one night.

What more could possibly happen at the CDC?