| Chapter Sixteen |

Dylan:

For the first time in my life, I feel completely surrendered and willing to let someone in. Her soft hands brush through my wild hair, gently, but ardently. She actually wants me, our relationship is confusing and frustrating, but the connection is there. I watch as her eyes slowly close, I allow myself to be vulnerable and close mine too, waiting for her to show me that there is a chance for us. I feel her warm breath moving in closer, my heart starts to race in anticipation...

All of a sudden, I hear the twist of the doorknob and I grab tightly onto Raelyn ready to throw her out of the way from any possible danger. "ALPHA!!" Kyle shows his face and anger radiates through my entire body. I can feel Raelyn's confusion as she looks back and forth between my angry eyes and his concerned.

"You better have a damn good explanation for this." I say angrily, knowing he has never done entered my room like this before. If Raelyn was not on my lap, I would have him pinned against the wall by his throat. She has yet to be that open to me.

As I got a clearer image of Kyle's concern, I could tell his eyes were bloodshot as if he was crying? "I- I am sorry, sir, for the interruption. Alpha Drake..." He pauses as if he was trying to allow himself to say what it is aloud. "He killed Walker while he was patrolling the border, sir. Drake came onto your land in order to do so. I just thought you should know." With that, he walks out shutting the door. I sit up straighter taking in his words.

I feel Raelyn's stare, trying to study my face and probably how I am feeling. "Who is Walker?" She asks with her innocent, angelic voice.

I look at her still in somewhat of a shock of the news, "he was my third in command." All the anger I had towards Kyle rushed away, I am not just angry, I am vengeful. Not wanting to hurt Raelyn, I gently move her off of me and walk to the wall. "Damn it!" I yell as I punch the all leaving my hand scratched up. I have known him since we were children, we trained together. He was one of my closest friends and best warriors. I go to punch again, but I feel small arms wrap around my waist sending shocks of calm throughout my body.

She rests her head on my back and I try to mock the rhythm of her breathing. "It is okay, Dylan," she says nonchalantly. How on earth is any of that okay? It is definitely NOT okay!

I turn around to face her, still focusing on keeping my calm. At this point, it is considered teasing for my wolf to come out. "If it wasn't for Drake doing the killing, would it still be okay to you?" I move her off of me and walk to the closet to put clothes on now that I have business to take care of. "Drake will pay for this. He will die by the end of nightfall tomorrow."

I hear her small steps follow me into the closet. "No." she says making my head snap in her direction.

She leans on the door with her arms covering her chest like she has done all night. "No?" I repeat, with the anger inside me growing a little stronger. How can she be compassionate to that low life? He is the cruelest Alpha there is, he kills just to kill, I at least do it out of protection for my people. She must not know the real truth.

She walks closer to be, determined. "No. You are not going to kill Drake. I am sure it was not him, I know it wasn't. He is not a murder, Dylan." Hah! If only she knew who he really is, but it is not the time to explain him to her.

I know if she did not leave, then I will say something I will regret, or my wolf will come out and I would later regret what he said or does to her. "Go explore the house, Raelyn," I say making her surprised with my tone.

Her eyebrows knit together in anger. "Why are you mad at me? I did not do anything?" She is raising her voice yet again at her Alpha and mate. My wolf is urging to come out, it is a matter of time.

I turn back around to the clothes trying to distract myself and my wolf. "Raelyn Cornelia," I warn. "I am not playing around. I highly suggest you leave now." I grab a black T and swiftly put it on.

I hear footsteps hoping it was her leaving, but I knew it was just her getting closer trying to push me. "You are such a dick," she says annoyed. My wolf shook within me trying hard to get me to allow him to come out and punish her for talking to her Alpha like that. "What if I don't leave, huh?" she teases. "Then what, wolfie?"

In a matter of seconds, my wolf takes over and has her pinned to the wall. There is nothing I could do to stop him at this point. "I AM FED UP WITH THIS SHIT!" I roar at her, gripping her chin to face me. She tries to struggle, but I pin her tighter to the wall. "HE KILLED ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS AND YOU STILL FUCKING DEFEND HIM? YOU DO NOT KNOW HIM, HE TRICKED YOU, YOU DAMN FOOL! AND IF YOU EVER RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME AGAIN, I SWEAR, YOU WILL DAMN SURE REGRET IT!" I have never heard my wolf that mad before, it scared myself.

I wait for her response, when finally she puffs up her chest trying to make herself appear bigger than her fragile self. "Let me go," she demands, or at least tries to. Her confidence was cute, but not to my wolf when he remains angry with her.

He moves closer to her face and she shrinks down a little. "I am your Alpha. You do not make the orders here. I do. Do you understand me?" He says through gritted teeth. Never has my wolf ever been pushed like this.

She glares at me with hatred filled eyes, "how can I ever possibly understand a pathetic Alpha like you?" Pathetic? The last person to call me that was my ass of a father. In an instant, she was on the floor holder her now red cheek. She looks up at me terrified and shocked. "You hit me." My heart dropped looking down at her with fear in her eyes. She fears me.

I beg my wolf to let me back in control, I just want to comfort her and tell her I am sorry. "She has to learn, even if she fears you. She needs to know her place here," my wolf says denying me access to my own body.

My wolf continues looking down at her with raging eyes. "I won't ask again, do you understand me?" he demands, waiting to hear an answer from her.

She looks down and a tear rolls down her now swollen cheek, "yes, Alpha." He reaches down to help her up, but she flinches at my touch. She does not take my hand until he raises an eyebrow at her, warning her. She studies my hand before hesitantly taking it into her own. I pull her up and hug her, my wolf granted me that much.

I rub her hair and breath in her calming scent, my wolf finally allows me back in control. I stand there for several moments, trying to take in her touch before she shuns me again. " I have to make a few calls to plan the attack on Drake," I say calmly, releasing our hug. She opens her mouth to say something, but I interrupt not wanting to hear her further defend Drake. "You are still commanded to not leave this room. You cannot stop me from in here, if you do try anything, you will have consequences. You have no idea who Drake really is, one day, you will thank me from protecting you from him. Now, please just get in bed. When I get back, we will need to go over some more rules you must obey as a member of this pack, as the future Luna, and my mate."

I walk my mate over to our bed, and she walks with me with no hesitation. "What do you mean? What kind of rules?" She asks quietly and curious as she climbs into bed.

I pull the covers on top of her and sit beside her with my arm on the other side of her body. "You see, babe. As an Alpha, I am and expected to be the most dominant one of this pack. This includes the people, this land, this house and of, well, you. I do not like seeing you get hurt, I am sorry my wolf couldn't contain himself, but you have to understand if that was anybody else saying the things you did, it would have been a lot worse. I cannot let these rules slide with you, or anyone. That is why no one challenges me, I never give them the opportunity. It keeps me safe, you safe and this pack." Her piercing, yet swollen eyes from crying stare at me, taking in every word. "Don't worry about all of that right now. Try and get some sleep, my love." I say kissing her forehead.

I then get off the bed and head for the door. As I go to walk out the door, I hear sniffles coming from her and all I want to do is hold her. She needs to be alone though, I can tell, she does not even want to look at me. I do not blame her though. She may never forgive me, but I guarantee that I will never forgive myself either. 

XOXOSecretWriter

Please comment and like!! I would love to hear what you all think thus far!