Words I Might Have Said -Part 2- (Kai Hiwatari & Tala Volkav)

Kai's POV:

I had been thinking about (First Name) all week. It was Friday, and I kept thinking about that stupid dance. I wanted to be with her. I wanted to spin her around the dance floor and sweep her off her feet, finally making her mine. But I said no. Why the fuck did I say no? I groaned unconsciously, rubbing my forehead.

"Kai?" Ray called out curiously, "You okay dude?"

I ignored him and kept my head down. The last thing I needed was Ray on my ass about it.

"You're thinking about (First Name), right?" He mused.

Yes, of course.

"No," I grunted, trying to end the conversation.

I heard Ray sigh, "The dance isn't over yet," he said. "Go."

I looked up at him, "How did you-"

"She was pretty upset...." He murmured.

I hesitated then stood up, nodding at him before going back home to change.

--------------------

I shuffled nervously as I stepped out of my car. I was in an all black tux with a purple dress shirt, and no face paint.

Don't worry (First Name). I'm here.

I stepped inside, scanning the crowd of people for her.

(First Name)?
I'm sorry.
Where are you?

The music slowed down and couples were dancing everywhere, while I just stood there.

I need to find her. I need to dance with her.

My heart stopped as I saw a flash of (Hair Color) hair across the dance floor. I started making my way over, but froze when I got the full view.

I saw her, slow dancing with another guy, her head resting on his chest and her arms around their neck.

Fuck....

I gulped and tried to keep my composure, but lost it when I saw who she was dancing with.

Tala.

I couldn't control myself. I marched over and grabbed her arm, pulling her to me.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" I growled at him, wrapping my arms around (First Name) protectively.

He glared back at me, "Dancing. What the fuck are you doing here?"

Before I could answer, (First Name) tugged on my jacket, "Kai...." She whispered, "what are you doing here?"

My eyes softened as I looked down at her and I cupped her cheeks, "I'm so sorry (First Name). I didn't mean to be so cruel to you.....I just....." My voice cracked softly and I cleared my throat, "I wanted to dance with you.."

Her eyes widened and she looked back at Tala, "but I-"

Tala grabbed her arm and pulled her back, "well she's here with me now, so fuck off."

"Guys...please...." (First Name) cut in.

Both of us stopped and turned our attention to her.

She turned to me, "Kai, it's sweet that you came all the way here for one dance, but I came with Tala."

No, (First Name) don't. I love you.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Tala smirking.

She then turned to Tala, "Tala, thank you for coming with me. You're a great friend, but......" She bit her lip, anxiously.

We could both tell how stuck she was on this decision. Before I could speak, Tala sighed.

"Go ahead, (First Name). I know you wanted to dance with him the whole night." He murmured to her.

She blushed and smiled, hugging him quickly and murmuring a 'thank you' in his ear. He pulled back and turned to me and nodded, walking away.

"Don't fuck this up," he mumbled as he passed by and walked out the door.

I watched him go then turned back to (First Name).

You look beautiful.

"You look beautiful," I whispered, wrapping my arms around her waist.

She blushed and wrapped her arms around my neck, "T-Thank you.."

I smiled and rested my forehead on her's, swaying to the music. She rested her head on my chest, closing her eyes, causing me to blush.

"(First Name)?" I whispered.

"Hm?"

I pulled back and pressed my lips against hers. Her eyes widened and she hesitated before kissing me back slowly. My heart was nearly beating out of my chest as I kissed her, only pulling away when I was desperate for air.

She blushed and stared up at me, panting, "w-what was that for?"

I kissed her again, this kiss short and sweet, "I love you." I mumbled against her lips, staring into her eyes.

Her eyes filled with tears and she smiled, "I love you too, Kai...so much." She giggled and hugged me tight.

I blushed and hugged her back, just as the dance ended. But that didn't matter to me, I had her.

Thank you, (First Name).

A/N: Requested

Requests are open~