Chapter 19: Lucky

"We called it! I knew it! We knew it! Where's Marlee? We need to bring her into this 'I told you so' moment!" Jemmie was of course at my house with my mother, don't ask why, when they skype called me not long after the interview was broadcasted. I had just confirmed that Louis and I were in fact together. Yeah, it's really weird to say, I know. Hell, it's weird to think about. Remember months ago when I absolutely despised him?

"She's in the bathroom, and don't worry, she's been screeching about it all afternoon." I sighed and they both laughed. "So, where is the man of the hour?" my mother smirked. She was probably the most excited of them all, just because she had seen Louis and I grow up together. Well at least I know she approves.

"I don't know, probably in his room, resting. It's been somewhat of a busy day." I said as Marlee came out of the bathroom, taking a seat on my bed next to me in front of my laptop. "Hey Miss Scott! Hi Jemmie! Aren't you just thrilled with the news?" Marlee smiled at the two on the screen. They both nodded quickly before the three erupted into giggles. "What are you, fourteen?" I asked them all, giving them a weird look. "We're just excited for you guys! We've waited long enough anyway.." Jemmie trailed off. "I know! I can't believe it took them this long!" Marlee practically yelled in my ear. Hopefully Louis isn't trying to sleep next door.

"Exactly what we've been talking about! So, Emma darling, when is the ever-so important first date taking place?" Jemmie turned back to me and I rolled my eyes. I opened my mouth to speak but in one quick second Marlee was again talking over me. Okay, are these three women really this excited about my relationship? Even I'm not this bad, especially with other people's love lives! Seriously, it's like I'm some soap opera and they just watched the season finale on live TV.

"Very-very soon! In fact, Emma needs to get ready. We'll talk to you both soon so we can start planning the wedding! Love ya, bye!" Marlee shuts the laptop and does all the talking for me while I still sit in shock. What date? I have no memory of this. Last time I checked, I wasn't Dory from Finding Nemo. I remember things, especially things as important as a date with Louis.

Next thing I knew, I was being whisked across the room. "Okay, put something cute on." Marlee pointed to my suitcase before walking off to the bathroom. I sighed and began searching for something that would be approved by Marlee. I was definitely not wearing a dress because I had worn like three since Louis returned and if I wore anymore people might start expecting it. Finally I found a white silk top with a thick black line running around the top edges. I paired it with some black jeans, a leather jacket, and some of Marlee's white flats. Marlee came back and nodded her head, doing the unthinkable and actually letting me wear the outfit of which I assumed she would dub as 'completely inappropriate for a date', but I was wrong. Hooray for that! After throwing myself a quick little celebration, I got up and went over to our large bathroom where Marlee was waiting for me with a flat iron since I had already yelled at her that there would be no makeup allowed. I sat on the toilet and took out my phone, scrolling through twitter.

Okay so my twitter followers went from 452 to 2 million in one night, but that is expected when you appear anywhere with One Direction. I scrolled through my mentions and saw that most people were wondering if Louis and I actually were dating, some wanting it to happen, some not. Either way, I wasn't planning on telling anyone. I figured the celebrity could announce that himself, whenever he felt it was best. He would be the one getting all the attention for it anyway. Sure, people would keep following me on twitter and sending me tweets, but it wouldn't get much farther than that, thank goodness. I don't think I could ever do what he does with all those screaming girls. I shuddered just thinking about it.

"So, are you excited?" Marlee asked, running the hot iron through my wavy blonde locks. "I don't know. I might be if I knew what the hell was going on!" I yelled, trying not to move in fear of being burned. "I told you! You're going on a date! Now come on, we have to be at his room in like five minutes!" she yelled and I pinched the bridge of my nose, looking back down at my phone and scrolling through my tumblr feed. Marlee finished pretty much perfectly on time and I grabbed my phone as we scurried out the door towards Louis room a few feet away. Marlee knocked and surprisingly, Niall opened up. I didn't even realize they were sharing a room, but it didn't really matter. Marlee and Niall instantly smiled and blushed at each other, leaving me as the awkward third wheel standing between them. "So..um.. where's Louis?" I spoke up.