IX

I brush the paintbrush against the wall and trace it against the trim, working to complete the apartment today. Harry helped me bring all my furniture, but we've left it in the middle of the rooms away from the walls.

A startled jump moves through me and Harry wraps me in his arms, his hands setting on my stomach. The thought that's he'll feel my untoned stomach makes me nervous and I move to push his hands away. But he refuses.

"I've felt your stomach before. Doesn't make me want to let you go," he whispers, my eyes closing. He grabs the paintbrush from my hand and sets it down, kissing my hair.

"I know you feel self-conscious," he tells me, my hands settling over his.

"I-I'm not skinny," I say, his lips sprinkling kisses down my neck.

"Does that constitute beautiful? Because I see you as perfection," he whispers, my eyes remaining closed.

"Are your curves that you like to hide what make you nervous? Is being curvy bad?" he asks, my head nodding very quickly after.

His hands move and he gives my curves a squeeze, my lips releasing a gasp. I turn around and he's quick to grab me.

"I find these curves sexy as hell, Luc," he whispers, my eyes sheepishly meeting his. No one has ever called me sexy before and I have no idea how to react.

He leans down and starts to kiss my neck, my hand grabbing his shoulder. "H-How?" I wonder, his declared thoughts leaving me confused.

He lifts his head and smiles, kissing the tip of my nose. "May I prove it to you?" he asks, my eyes probably blown wide as saucers.

"In what way?" I ask, his body getting down on his knees.

"I'm going to lift your sweater and kiss your belly button. Trust me?" he asks, my arms coming up to my chest. He looks so confident and so concerned, but I can tell he wants me to feel comfortable.

I shyly nod and watch as he lifts my shirt, getting a full view of my stomach. But he doesn't kiss my belly button. He kisses my entire stomach, his hand touching over my skin.

Suddenly feeling overwhelmed, I step back and push my shirt down. But Harry's quick, wrapping his arm around my legs and pulling me down. I lie on my back and Harry presses his lips on mine before I can say anything.

"Lucy, you are so beautiful," he whispers, kissing down my neck. My hands come up to the back of his head and run through his hair, his body crawling on top of mine.

"Now do you understand why waiting is important?" he whispers, my eyes looking into his. I slowly nod and he leans down, kissing my forehead.

"I-I want you to be my first," I whisper, his body freezing. "Not yet, but...when I know."

His eyes focus in on mine and he leans down, kissing my neck before he lays beside me. "Lucy, I'm very worried about that," he says, my body moving. I put my head on his stomach and he starts to play with my hair, his hand grabbing mine.

"But I trust you. More than anyone," I claim, his strong muscles contracting beneath my head.

"Luc, you have to promise me, absolutely promise me, you'll listen to yourself. Remember what I said last night?" he asks, my head nodding as I look up at him.

"Do you feel that'll happen with us? Is that why you want me?" he asks, my body moving up. The nerves are so intense right now and I can feel my eyes water. I'm not used to these conversations and it makes me worried him saying these things is him declining me.

"Oh, Luc, I'm sorry," he says, my body pulled into his lap. I press my forehead against his neck and he wipes my tears.

"You're thinking and that always gets me nervous you're afraid or scared of me," he whispers, my hand grabbing his.