twenty three

"ugly."

i huff, turning to face jack. he sits in a comfy, white quilted chair with his feet propped up in this dressing room. i put both of my hands on my hips, exasperated.

"this is the fifth dress you've called ugly." i tell him, narrowing my eyes.

"i don't want you to look good when you're around him which is nearly impossible because you're a fucking goddess." he replies, making me blush a little. "just wear a trash bag, nova."

i smack him with the back of my hand on his arm, "seriously, help me, jack."

"i'm in an abusive relationship." he pouts. "and i don't know how to could out of it."

my eyebrows raise, "i'll help you get out of the relationship-"

"no, baby!" he exclaims, springing up from the chair. "i'm just joking. i'm kidding. you know i'm kidding." he rushes.

"help me find a fucking dress." i snap at me, beginning to head back into the stall.

"you're sexy when you swear at me." he chuckles, tugging on the silk tie that ties the back of my dress together.

it unravels, almost falling off of me. i gasp, covering myself up and glare at him. jack just grins back, shifting his weight back and forth on his two feet.

"jerk." i mutter.

"that's a good dress."

"shut up." i scoff, rolling my eyes.

i hear him continuing to laugh. when i close the door, i can't help but smile at his childish actions. i'm dating a primary schooler. i peel the dress off of me, examining it at arms length.

it's a silk, lilac colored fabric that flows freely down my body. it doesn't make me look out of shape and it emphasizes my body type very well.

"i'm getting this one." i tell jack, who's on the other side of this door.

his laughter dies down a little, "okay, baby."

i shake my head in disapproval because he's still laughing. i slip on my jeans and shirt and shoes before exiting the stall, holding the dress. i hand it over to jack, draping it over his shoulder.

"why do i have to carry this?" he whines, referring to the shoes and the dress.

"a goddess should not have to carry her own things."

he rolls his eyes, "i shouldn't have made that comment then."

he trots behind me as i look for accessories. i'm going all out for this wedding. i need to impress his family even if i'm just going as a friend.

"i still can't believe you're going to that wedding." jack mutters behind me.

"believe it because it's happening." i say.

he narrows his eyes at me, "that mouth will be fucked one day."

my eyes widen at his words. that he just said in public. quite loudly.

"shush." i hush him, placing my pointer finger in front of his mouth.

he bites the tip of my finger playfully. i can never go anywhere with him if this is how he's going to act. he's adorable and annoying at the same time.

"i will be quiet if you promise me that you'll come home that night and let me take the dress off of you."

by now, we're both smiling like love struck idiots.

i nod, grinning at him, "of course, my love."

"call me that again."

"my love?"