Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Kevin could not believe what was going on. "Serenity, get off my mate!" He just found her and Serenity was pinning her down. His instincts to protect were at full throttle.

'Kevin, she was going to run. After what happened the first time Logan and I met, there was no way in hell I was letting Alex go through that.'

The memories flooded his brain, but he still didn't like his mate pinned down. "Please, just get off; I would never hurt her." He saw the moment Serenity started to loosen her paws. His mate was still lying there in shock.

"The last of our people reported in. The enemy is all dead; it's time we head back home," Logan said as he walked over to them. "Kevin you found your mate?" He asked already knowing the answer.

"Let's get out of here," Kevin told them anxious to get his mate home. When he walked to her she jumped up and away from him. The look of terror on her face left him confused.

'This is my mate Alexandria; she wants me close to her, not you. She is scared but Destiny your mate is even more petrified.' Aries, his wolf, tried to explain.

'Destiny, who is Destiny?' Kevin asked feeling perplexed once more. So much was going on and his brain was in a fog now.

"That is the name of your human mate. Her wolf is in control at the moment. So she is my mate." After a few moments, things started to click into place. After he got sorted out, Kevin felt better about letting his wolf take over. The moment he shifted, Alexandria jumped to his side. They ran home and agreed to meet at Logan and Serenity's house.

Everyone seemed deep in thought on the run back to the pack land. Once home they shifted back to human form, but Serenity took Destiny away. Kevin was itching to get close to her, to see her. The number of open wounds on his mate still left his heart aching.

They had been discussing the night's events when the sound of Serenity and Destiny coming down the stairs had him looking up. His jaw dropped, he could feel his chin practically scraping the floor. 'Shit that can't be her, can it?' Gone was the frail hurt girl. In her place stood a very stunning looking woman. His heart picked up speed as Aries growled in his head. 'My mate. That is still my mate!'

Serenity smiled at his expression. "You seem to have forgotten that we heal when we shift into our wolf. We ran all the way home, so she had time to heal the outside. She has been through a lot, so don't expect her to jump in your arms. It seems the inside will take far more time to heal." Logan explained before slapping his back in a sympathetic gesture.

Kevin nodded in acknowledgment. That was about all he could do at the moment when the ladies approach Serenity leaned in and kissed Logan. He looked at Destiny, not even sure as to what he was expecting. What she did, caused his insides to hurt. She looked at him and then hid behind Serenity.

"Let's go sit down." Serenity says softly to Alexandria.

They sat down on the couch and unsure of where to sit Kevin looked around before taking the seat in front of her. "So Alexandria, I think it's time to officially introduce you to Kevin. You are already acquainted with Aries, who has been waiting for you to arrive for what seems like ages." Serenity says gesturing to where he was sitting.

She turned and glared at them. Kevin was stunned with the gesture. 'What the hell was that?'

"Kevin, this is Alexandria. Destiny's wolf and my close friend. Destiny is your mate, but after all the things she went through she is in hiding until she feels safe."

Glaring at Serenity, Kevin said through gritted teeth. "She is my mate. What are you insinuating, that I do not make her feel safe?" Fucking hell, wasn't she supposed to fall in love with him once she scented they were mates? He and Aries were itching to be with her, so what was wrong? She is letting off some weird vibes. It is clear she has suffered, and there was nothing they would not do to help her. Still, the anger radiating from her was scaring him.

"Let's let Destiny tell us how she got captured and maybe we can start to piece things together. Destiny can you come out and talk to us," Alexandria shook her head no. "Sweetie we will not hurt you. Quite the contrary, among us you will find family and your mate."

After what seemed like an eternity, they notice that her eyes changed from a light gray to a soft brown. Serenity gave her a small hug. "I am delighted you came back to us."

A sob escaped Destiny, and Kevin fought the urge to pull her into his arms. Well, it was Logan's arm holding him back that kept him away.

Serenity cooed reassuring words to her until she was finally able to speak. "Well, on the night that I shifted. My Parents had their best friends over. They were supposed to bring their son, but I guess he did not want to come. I do not blame him I was not pretty then, and I am nothing to look at now."

What was she saying? She was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. Who was this fucking guy they wanted her to meet? Anger surged through his body; he wanted to have the guy before him and rip him apart. It took several deep breaths before a calmness surrounded him again. The worry of scarring his mate kept his composure from snapping.

Destiny continued telling her story, and a nauseous feeling invaded the pit of Kevin's stomach.

"So their friends left, and we went into the woods for my first hunt." Oh God, please don't let this be the place his parents begged him to go. The words were repeated mentally over and over in hopes of them coming true.

"They killed my parents in front of me, and I told them their friends would send someone to look for me." Her eyes filled with tears again before her next words. "He said they were dead, charred. My guess is he burnt them." She looked sad and upset again. Kevin was ready to burst in anger until she said her next words.

"Alex said we were supposed to meet our mate that night and maybe none of this would have happened. We would have marked him with our power and then been able to fight that monster together. Except, he did not come." She whispered the last part as tears slide down her cheek.

Air, no air was entering his lungs. It cannot be, the universe could be so heartless. Kevin attempted to stand but fell on his knees before her. "I'm sorry. I am so sorry." The tears flowed openly.

"What are you talking about Kevin, you did not even know her?" Logan asked worried about his reaction, and she became ridged with uncertainty.

"My mom and dad wanted me to go with them to a friend's house two years ago. I said no, it was the day we were heading into town to see those girls you guys met."

Logan let out a painful howl, which indicated Serenity had hurt him with that mind power she has. "What the hell man, keep me out of your story."

"I didn't want to go see the girl they were talking about. That was the night my parents blew up in the car accident." There was no time for further thought as Destiny jumped off the couch and shifted. Logan and Serenity intercepted her or she would have done severe damage. Her wolf might look small, but shit she's magic. There was no doubt he would have been on the losing end of that fight.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~~**~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~**~*~*~**~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~**~*~**~*~*~**~*~

This novel has now been published. You can find it on Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Smashwords....

Just type in Elena Moreno and my books will pop up...

Thank you all, for the support...