Ch.29 Your Love is my Heart Disease.

GINGER POV

It's been five days since the incident in the kitchen and I kept my promise. I always go home late because I've been spending more time with Janine after school.

There's only two weeks left till dad comes back and I'm not going to help him prepare for his wedding because it's killing me.

"Ginger wake up. You're gonna be late if you don't eat your breakfast now" Alessa said after knocking on my door twice.

I don't want to eat with her but I'm already hungry. I stretched my hands and yawned out loud before getting off my bed.

"I'll be down in fifteen minutes" I replied flatly. I'm still sleepy because I haven't got enough sleep last night.

I walked to my bathroom and took a shower immediately. I can't be late because I promised Janine that I will fetch her.

The smell of fried rice welcomed me as soon as I arrived in the kitchen. She mixed the hotdog and egg with the rice, it's my favorite.

"Good morning" she greeted me smiling as soon as she noticed me. She's in a good mood today, I want to ask why but I held myself.

"Morning" I greeted her as well before sitting on the chair opposite to her.

It's funny because last week we're like a couple and now, we're like a mother and daughter that's awkward to each other.

We're eating in silence, we both didn't even dare to open a topic. It's for the best since we don't have anything to talk about in the first place. She's glancing at me once in a while but I'm not returning her gaze.

I'm the first one to finish eating because I can't stand seeing her, looking beautiful just by wearing her usual shirt. I still want to touch her, make love with her though I know that there's no more love left in her for me.

"There are still lots of food, you're done already?" she said when I stood up to bring my plate to the sink.

"Yeah I'm done thank you" I faked a smile before heading to my car immediately and drove fast to school.

It didn't take me long to reach the school. I'm not late for my first class and good thing that Janine already saved a seat for me. I didn't focus much in my class since it's just advance algebra and physics.

"Ginger Vera!" Janine snapped at me.

"Uh yeah?" was all I said. She rolled her eyes at me before standing up.

"It's break time already and we only have an hour to spare" 

"Oh it's break time already?" I looked around and saw that our classmates are already leaving.

"You've been out of focus since you arrived in our class, come on let's just eat in the cafeteria" she said impatiently.

"Say, what happened on the night that you left me?" I asked as soon as we sat on the farthest area so we could still talk properly. She gazed at me for a moment before sighing heavily. 

"My dad is sick" she said flatly.

"Since when? Is he alright now?" I asked anxiously. It's the first time that she answered my question regarding her dad.

"Yeah, he's alright now don't worry" she said before taking a sip of her soda. There's a part of me that's not convinced by her response. I feel like she's not telling me the whole truth so I took her right hand and pressed  it gently.

"You know that I'm here for you, you can tell me your problems" She chuckled by what I said.

"You're just here now because Alessa despised you, I can handle my problems alone so please don't worry" Her words hit me directly because it's true.