twenty four

"don't go, baby." jack whines, hugging me tightly around my waist and refusing to let me go.

"i'll see you afterward." i smile.

"promise me you'll let me take this dress off you after." he holds a pinky out.

"i promise." i link our pinkies together and he kisses me briefly.

as if on cue, there's a knock on the front door and i already know that it's adrian. jack frowns as he watches me head to the door. i wave him off and he narrows his eyes at me, not satisfied with the fact that i'm going to an event with another boy.

i open up the front door and adrian stands there, smiling at me, holding a single white rose in front of him. i look up at him questionably.

"you look amazing." he compliments and my smile grows.

"thank you, so do you-"

"have her home by 8:30! no less or else i'll whoop your ass!" jack calls out and adrian chuckles.

"i'll get you home by 8:31." he whispers.

i laugh and he pushes the white rose toward me. i thank him and go to set it on the counter. knowing jack, it'll probably be in the trash can by the time i get back home.

"shall we go?" i ask adrian, putting on my best english accent.

"we shall, my lady." he grins.

i playfully lock arms with him and skip down the hall, trying not to trip on my extremely long dress. it's the exact same color as adrian's tie and it makes me feel accomplished.

"just a warning, my family can be a little loud and outgoing. i'll apologize in advance."

"i like loud and outgoing people." i tell him to make him feel more comfortable with the fact that he's bringing me.

"and there's going to be roughly 400 people there." he adds, defining a bit.

my eyes widen. a large crowd. watch me be the odd one out while i try my best to blend in. adrian helps me get into his silver wrapped car and we drive off into the direction of the venue.

"i love this song." i gasp, turning up the volume.

adrian laughs, glancing at me. i dance around in my seat, not caring if i'm embarrassing myself in front of him.

"wow, i forgot how well you dance." he speaks up. "i look forward to dancing with you at the wedding."

"of course!"

i sing along to work and half of it i can't even understand. before i know it, we've made it to the venue and managed to find a good spot in the crammed parking lot.

"you got a good spot." i say.

"actually, i kind of told my brother to save me it. shh."

a laugh erupts from the throat and i fix my dress. adrian holds an arm out for me and i willingly take it, not wanting to fall face first on this concrete.

"our table is with some of my family if that's okay with you." adrian mentions.

"it's more than okay."

all i want to do right now is try and comfort him because i can tell that he is super nervous. that's the last thing i want him to be. i want him to enjoy today.

"the ceremony was earlier today and it was just family. sorry." he apologizes.

my eyebrows raise for a second, but i give him an understanding look. so this is the afterparty technically. we both enter and some people's eyes are already locked on us.