Chapter 17 ~ Laughing Jack ~ Part 2

I showed my dad history of japan and he questioned what monkey fun is.

((Slight trigger warning for drug use))

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

Dr Smiley left the room, I don't know where he went, though. But, I was alone with my pale feet dangling over the edge of the bed. I noticed how my ankles were bleeding drowsily towards my feet, which were similarly cut up.

I painfully stepped onto the floor, my feet landing with a light 'thud'. The cabinet of bandages was just a few meters away. (I don't know why I am using metric measurements at the moment but I can say that it is going quite kilometres.) I could make it. I just don't know if I will be able to, though. 

I stumbled over to the cabinet and opened it. Inside were the clean white bandages that I needed. Randomly grabbing one and closing the door, I wavered back to the table.

Crawling back on top of the table, I put my leg out in front of me. I unwrapped the clean white cloth and wrapped it around my leg. (Bad Brookie! I taught you to clean the blood off first, THEN wrap it around!) I tucked the edge of the wrapping underneath the bandage itself.

It looked really messy, but hey, whatcha gonna do?

~•timeskip cause idk how to transition this•~

The house was huge, there was no denying that.

No wonder even the people who live there got lost.

But for guests, it was much worse.

Between the twisting halls and the doors that seemingly led to nowhere, one could expect another to be confused.

As the children outside played, yelling and laughing, she curled into a ball and sobbed.

Sobbed for the fact that she'd never be allowed outside. Sobbed for the fact that the only time she'd be outside was when she was dead and buried.

Meanwhile, her older brother laughed with his friends, nearly overdosing on drugs. They laughed as one boy, tall and skinny, with a very large head for his body, fell to the floor, his dark brown eyes, bloodshot and glassy.  They laughed as one by one they all fell to the floor, except for one. That one laughed as he stuck the needle further into his arm, all while holding a lighter for the rolled up paper in his mouth.

The siblings' mother smiled as she saw her husband walk through the door, but frowned as she saw small marks of pink lipstick and hickeys. Huh, she thought to herself, last night, the lipstick was a deep red and I don't own any bright pink lipstick, or red for that matter! He walked over to the table where she was standing and hugged her loosely, his hands dangling from the small of her back. I love you, he said quite insincerely. She had noticed the insincerity in his voice. His "I love you's" had become very watered down at that point, which saddened her. Did he not love her anymore, she stumbled with her thoughts over her 5th glass of tequila. As she threw back the glass, she threw away all her sense of love and purpose.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Brooklynn laughed as she saw the butterflies swim past her frizzy brunette hair. They were so many colours! Blue, pink, red, black, yellow, green, all of them! Her high-pitched giggle resonated throughout the room, the sound bouncing off of the tables and walls. 

Jack walked into the room, to see the girl standing on her toes, on the table, trying to grab something out of the air. "What the hell is she doing?" he quietly said to himself, attempting not to disturb the child, who was dangerously close to the edge of the metal sheet. 

Brooklynn suddenly jumped off of the table, nearly crashing to the ground. He gasped, one of his long lanky arms reaching over and grabbing her by the waist, not enough force to hurt her. Brooklynn looked to the left of her, saw him and started waving. 

"Hi L.J.!" she shouted. 

"Hi. So, whatcha doing, Brookie?" he awkwardly said, the girl dangling from his appendages.

"Playing with the butterflies! Don't you see 'em too?" She asked, her grey eyes sparkling with excitement.

"Yeah. Yep, I see them." Jack said, casually setting the child on the floor.

She tried to crawl back up on the table, prompting Jack to grab her and place her back on her feet.

"No." He stated, looking at the girl, who had tears forming in the corners of her eyes.

"Why?" She whispered, obviously upset at being told no. She hadn't had experience with being told no in her life, as the spoiled child she was.

"Because it's dangerous and you're going to hurt yourse..." he trailed off, seeing how the girl had climbed up on the table without him noticing, even though he had been staring her right in the eyes two seconds ago.

"Okay, ya know what?" He said, finally deciding to go talk to Slender because this was all too strange for him to wrap his head around.

"What? What? What? Tell me!" She yelled, a bit too loud for anybody's liking, as everything she yelled echoed back into every ear in a 2 mile radius. A bit of exaggeration? Eh, kind of. But she was pretty loud.

"We're going to go on an adventure! You have to cover your eyes though, because it'll be way too bright for your pretty lil' eyes!" His usual cheery demeanor came through once more.

"Oooo. Okay!" Brooklynn grinned at the prospect of an adventure.

"Are you ready (kids? Aye aye captain! Lol I'm sorry 😂)?"

Brooklynn nodded her head rapidly. Jack picked her up and set her on his feather covered shoulders, which tickled the back of her pale legs, making her giggle.

He asked once again, "are you ready to go?"

Brooklynn smiled and said her agreement.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Ah man it's been so long since I updated.

It's a snow dayyyyyyy

I'm happy

But like we have 8 inches/20.32 cm of snow and it's super cold

New York in winter is basically this:

For the majority of December: no snow, green Christmas

December 31st, 11:59 pm: NO SNOW WHATSOEVER

January 1st, 12:00 am: A METER OF SNOW JUST DROPS ON NY

I swear that's how it works here in CNY.

Like please can other countries have some of this snow?

Like please.

Give us a break

But we're fine with the snow days

Like one time we got a snow day because there was a lot of snow, but the next day we got another snow day because all the snow melted and flooded everything.

So that was a good week

But like (take a shot of Apple juice Everytime I say like 😂), my sister in-law couldn't go to work because 1. She's very pregnant and 2. It's dangerous to be driving on these roads. Plus she's like a lil over a week away from her due date so she could go into labour while she was driving, and be stuck in the snow, going into labour, which is a really bad thing to have happen.

But my mom and brother convinced her not to go and I'm happy because her and Carson will be safe.

I woke up at 2 this morning because the wind nearly blew my windows out and that's not good.

So I've been up, switching between Netflix, YouTube, and Hulu.

Btw, I really like Canada's Worst Driver and that show taught me all that I know about driving, but I'm not in Canada and like ah man, I know how to navigate the streets of Toronto, but not my own city so that's fun.

I want to move to Canada.

Canadians are great, like I've made a bunch of Canadian friends and they're awesome so my rating of Canada is 12/10, would Canada again.

Byeeeeeeee