Chapter 18 ~ Splendorman

random fun fact about me: All'alba Sorgerò is the only song I can sing well in Italian

GUESS WHO'S BACK

BACK AGAIN

ALLY'S BACK

TELL A FRIEND

aye, Y'all I'm back! *start clapping*

I mean my anxiety is still terrible but I'm great!

and like Y'all (i say Y'all a lot even though I'm from NY) are so sweet and precious like ily

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEAVY PROFANITY IN THIS CHAPTER

(I know a lot of people are fine with it, but I also know a lot of people who read this book are really young and I just don't want to get in trouble with people's parents)

aLSO

*MILD GRAPHIC IMAGERY IN THIS CHAPTER*

I think but eh I'm a bad author and idk how to label things

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What the hell do you mean you can't find her?!" I yelled. "You took her and you lost her! See this is why nobody fuckin' trusts you, mom!"

"I'm sorry! She ran off!" she defended herself.

"No! Quit fucking lying mom! You took her there because you didn't want her. It's so fucking obvious that you hate me and Brooklynn! So shut the fuck up and admit that you are a terrible fucking mother!" I was extremely close to snapping at her and dad and then going out to find Brooklynn.

"No, Keith! You are the one who should probably shut the fuck up! Ya know, your mother worked hard to keep this damn family together and you're the asshole who's tearing it apart! I come home from work to see your mother crying and you're fucking yelling at her!" Dad yelled, coming up from behind mom.

"No! You know what? I'm fucking done with both of you. Go fuck yourselves."

I went up the stairs and slammed the door, sliding down the back.

The longer I thought about it, the more I wanted to go out and find her.

I mean, by now, Brooklynn could be dead, her body rotting in the forest, animals preying on her limbs, waiting to rip them off and feast on the decomposing skin.

Standing up, I grabbed my shoes off of the shelf on the wall and pulled them on. The longer I wait, the more of a chance there is that she's dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I carried Brooklynn on my shoulders through the halls of the mansion, she was squealing and giggling like crazy. Her giggles echoing throughout the hallways, bouncing back off the walls.
It was kind of funny to listen to her giggle like that, knowing that if she were with her parents, she'd most likely be crying.

Eventually, my vision reached a dark chestnut door.

I took Brooklynn down from my shoulders and set her on the ground.

"Brooklynn, can you open the door for me? Please?" I asked, kneeling down to her height.

"Oh sure, but only because you said please." She giggled. Brooklynn reached her small pale hands up and twisted the knob to the right. It didn't open.

"Jaaaaaacckkk! It won't open!" 

"Try turning it to the left, Brooke." I replied, smiling slightly. 

Before she could reach up again, the door opened from the other side. 

"Well, howdy do, Brooklynn!" Splendorman cheered.