Chapter Twenty Three

"Whiny Girl."

"Hate is a strong word."

"Can you please stop for a minute?" Veronica exasperated as she put her hands on her ears.

"Since the past two days, all I have been hearing is your ranting about Derek, and then you so strongly claim that you don't feel anything for him. For your kind information girl, that's not how someone behaves in regards of their dislike towards someone." Veronica smirked.

Iris arched her brows, almost ready to say something but held her tongue back when she realized that she don't even have any point to state against Veronica.

"What?" Veronica raised her brow in response and smirked again.

Iris gulped hard and looked away from Veronica to the other end of the hotel.

"You know, you can't ignore me or be mad at me. What have gotten into you since that night? All I could hear out of your pretty mouth is directly or indirectly related to Derek. Derek this, Derek that, Derek's eyes, Derek's smile. You are crushing over him so hard and yet how affirmatively here you stand, denying this fact. Even Stacey, a three year old kid got the idea of this weird behavior of yours towards him as a sense of something bigger."

"I am not gonna argue with you on this, but that doesn't mean you are right. I hadn't even said a word about his eyes. You are making me sound like I am some sixteen year old girl."

"And you are not? Do I need to remind you about the moment at the Hamiltons? How you literally dragged me out of there to the parking lot? You even shouted at Lucas, drove on150 kilometers per hour to Hamptons in that very dress without even packing something and all you talked about in the car was, was the kiss."

Iris slumped further into the seat and took a sip from the cold drink she was holding.

"See? I knew, I was right." Veronica pointed out and give a victory grin to Iris.

Iris inhaled deeply and sunk deeper into the thoughts of that night. She reminisced the events that followed after the debacle in the elevator; how hastily she took Veronica's hands and nudged her towards the parking lot after giving a good fifteen minute lecture to Lucas of nothing but just babbling and venting out the tension and what not, sending Lucas away after giving that death cold glare to him. Confronting veronica about her part in the plan of playing cupid with Dean's but how hysterically she denied it and blamed Iris's naivety that led to the situation that happened between them. The kiss...almost?

"Again..." Veronica's voice cuts her thoughts deep to the bottom and made her come, thrashing back to the reality.

"I am not thinking about the kiss..." she protested "and you missed the part when you and Dean planned that whole thing."

"What? We just wanted you to be confronted with your own imbecile act."

"Imbecile act? Derek backed down. He didn't bother me since the masquerade. But why the hell you and Dean felt like playing the cupid in my life?"

"Because you are so dumb to have played that role by yourself. And see, it worked. The feelings you have been pushing down have risen and see what happened!"

"Shit. Shit happened. It's not some miracle or something good but Veronica, you are so unaware of the aftermath of the thing that had happened in the elevator. Derek, he will come. He will come again. And this time, I don't know how to push him."

"Then don't. Who said you had to push him away? Let him. Let him in."

"Yeah! Totally, like I did in the elevator. I was freaking going to kiss him. If that's not the cherry on the top, then tell me why he rushed out?"