Chapter Twenty-Six: Never Enough.

Wanna wake up with you and say 'baby, let's do it all over again'

*****

March 11th, 2015

Daylight streams into the room mercilessly, making me see red behind closed eyelids as it shines right through them.

I growl, and the deep sound I make wakes me up completely.

I hate waking up to a lit up room, and that is why I always make sure to close the drapes before going to sleep, but last night I got kind of caught up with something else.

And that something else is the reason why my complaining is short-lived and quickly replaced by this alarmingly strong urge to go straight to the rooftop I once saw her dance, and howl my lungs out.

She sleeps peacefully beside me, so close that I can feel the warmth irradiating from her body. I search for her face, smiling like an idiot upon realizing that it's buried against my side, just under my armpit.

Apparently, I am not the only one who got disturbed by the unwelcomed sunlight; only she managed to find shelter from it without coming out of her slumber.

She found me. And that thought alone makes me smile like an even bigger idiot.

She is in my bed. How the hell did I manage to get her in my bed? And most importantly, what will it take to get her to stay right here for the rest of my life?

I have no idea, but I'll be damned if I ever let her walk away from me.

I already did that once. Back when I met her for the first time and I knew right then and there that she was different; special.

I was a coward for letting her drive away without putting up a decent fight. I was stupid for giving up on finding her after only two days when I already had the feeling she was worthy of a whole lot more time and effort.

I let her slip away from me and for that, I spent months dwelling on regret.

So now that I know her, now that I have seen her for who she is and what she can do to me just by being around; now that I know for sure that she is different than any other girl that has ever laid in my arms, there is no way that I can go back to where I was before her.

I can't and I won't.

So as I wait for her to wake up, I make this promise to myself and to her. I will fight for this. For us. I will strive past stupid rules and defy tyrannical bosses. I will slay distance and crush time zones.

As long as she wants me to, I will hold on to her with teeth and nails.

A few more minutes go by before she begins to stir a little, stretching her legs to tangled them with mine first, and twisting her arm around my chest later.

Her face comes out of its hiding place, but her hair keeps it concealed from my expecting eyes, so I carefully brush it away and tug it behind her ear.

The unforgiving, cold light of morning does nothing to dim out her beauty. In fact, it does the exact same opposite as it highlights the immaculate of her skin and the almost imperceptible freckles adorning the bridge and tip of her nose.

And as I take her, and every single detail of her in, all I need for this vision to be undeniably perfect is for her to open her eyes and let them cast their light on me.

And while I wait for that to happen, I think to myself that if I ought to spend every remaining night of my life with her – and like I've stated before, I will make sure that I do -, then I might as well get rid of all the curtains of this world. Because waking up to a blinding light will never matter to me if it'll show me her like this.