"Drunk people never lie."

Brooklyn

“Hey, you, wake up.” An annoying voice repeated over and over again, while someone shook my arm, trying to wake me up from my peaceful sleep.

After a minute of this unknown person bothering me, I decided I wasn’t gonna catch sleep again so I might as well get up. I tried to pry my eyes open but a coat of smudged makeup was impeding me to. I tried to rub them with my hands and I heard a loud sigh followed by a ‘finally’ coming from the same person that had been bothering me.

I blinked a few times until my eyes adjusted to the sudden light coming from the window. I propped myself on my elbows and looked around me, realizing I didn’t recognize this place.

Then my eyes posed on a girl who was sitting on a bed opposite from the one I was lying on. She must have been the person that had been nudging me a minute before. She had light brown, almost blonde, straight hair that reached her shoulders and bangs covering her forehead. Her eyes were a caramel brown with green specks and they looked oddly familiar.

“Who are you?” My voice came out hoarse due to how dry my throat was.

The girl had a really annoyed expression on her pretty face and it only made me feel more confused.

“I’m Justin’s sister, Jazmyn.” She said bluntly. I didn’t even know Justin had a sister. I stood up from the bed, noticing I was still in my clothes. My shoes were neatly placed at the feet of the bed.

I cleared my throat. “Nice to meet you, I’m Brooklyn.” I stuck my hand out for her to take, then realized she was probably fifteen and teenagers don’t usually do that so I took it back.

“I know. Justin told me.” She stood up from her bed and grabbed a schoolbag from her desk. “He must really respect you if he didn’t take you to his bed.” She said somewhat sincerely, although she kept that harsh tone she had with me.

“Oh.” Was all I could manage to say. “Do you think I could use the bathroom?” I asked politely, not even knowing in whose bed I had slept in.

She chuckled, most likely amused by my choice of words, considering I was being sort of posh. “Sure. First door to the left.” She said and with that she disappeared from the room and soon I heard the front door shutting.

I quickly put on my shoes and grabbed my purse, thanking God I always had some first-necessity things in it. I found the bathroom without problem and immediately went inside closing the door. I heard some shuffling coming from another room of the house but I didn’t want to have to meet with anyone else looking as bad as I surely looked right now.

When I saw my reflection in the mirror I nearly had a strike. My hair was a total mess that would need at least one bottle of conditioner to be tamed – something I didn’t have at the moment. My face was black, traces of mascara covering my cheeks and my eyes were raccoon-like.  My clothes were wrinkled but at least they didn’t have any stain in sight.

I opened my purse and took my comb. Brushing my hair without leaving my head bald was a difficult task but I managed to make it look acceptable by tying my tangled locks up into a bun. Then I got my makeup remover wipes and rubbed one feverishly all over my face until it was completely clean. I splashed some fresh water after, to leave it even cleaner. I brushed my teeth with a small brush I always had with me and rinsed my dry mouth, feeling instantly fresher. I got my foundation, concealer and mascara and applied just that on my face, going for the natural look. I sprayed on some cologne and licked my lips deciding that would have to do.

I got out of the bathroom and followed the noises that led me to the kitchen. Justin was giving me his back, struggling to make the coffee machine work.