"Im not good for you"

Justin

“Wait, you haven’t given me a morning kiss.” I said before Brooklyn could exit the car upset with me because I had been and ass since she had mentioned my experience with fights. In all honestly, it shouldn’t bother me because she wasn’t lying but the way she said it made me feel bad.

She turned around and timidly leaned up to plant a chaste kiss on my lips. I could only get the faint taste of the coffee she had just drunk before she pulled away.

“You call that a kiss?” I knitted my eyebrows together and pouted my bottom lip, making her giggle.

“Aha.” Brooklyn nodded. “I’m gonna be late for school. I’ll see you later, Justin.” And with one last smile she was out in the street, running to the entrance of her school.

“Laters, baby!” I shouted from the window as I sped off, causing her to turn around and smile before meeting Kelsey at the bottom of the stairs and linking arms with her. Girls.

Brooklyn

I yawned as my fingers passed the page of the book I currently had in my hands. Stirring on the sofa, I focused back on Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth. Pride and Prejudice has to be my all-time favorite but my mind kept wandering back to last night with Justin and the interrogatory I had been subjected to by Kelsey. “Please don’t tell me Justin slept at your’s yesterday.” was the first thing she demanded when she saw me hopping off his car this morning. However, when I told her that he had indeed slept here, she just squealed and hugged me repeating constantly how proud of me she was. She had even noticed the hickey on my neck despite the amount of makeup I had used to conceal it.

Quick steps coming from the corridor caught my attention, distracting me once again from my reading.

“Brooke, your phone is ringing.” Blake announced from the threshold of the living room door, holding my white iPhone in his hand.

“Who is it?” I asked standing up from the comfortable creamy sofa, frowning because I wasn’t expecting anyone to call. Not at this time anyway.

“The ID caller says Tyson.” He replied, furrowing his brows in confusion.

“Oh.” I murmured, the frown still on my face as I carefully dropped the book on the coffee table and approached him.

He shrugged and gave me the device, leaving to go back to his room. My parents weren’t home yet and Tommy was sleeping at his friend’s so it was just me and Blake.

I stared at the screen for a second, wondering why in hell Tyson would be calling me at this time.

As soon as I picked it up, his urgent voice spoke. “Brooklyn! I need your help.” He said before I could even mutter a hello.

“Hi, Tyson, how are you? I’m fine, thanks for asking.” I replied in a mocking monotone but it didn’t have the effect I was expecting on him.

“Brooklyn, this is serious.” The tone of his voice frightened me a bit. “We need your help, well, Justin needs your help.” At the mention of his name my ears perked up.

“What is it?” I questioned, already dreading what was about to come out of his mouth.

“Look, don’t panic, but Justin’s at the police station here in the Bronx. And he’s under arrest.” He explained in a stressed voice.

I didn’t answer for a while.

“Brooke, are you there?”

When I opened my mouth, I broke into fits of laughter. “Yeah, okay, Tyson, This is very funny but it’s not April Fool’s Day so yeah, save it for then.”