Chapter 19

The One With The Road Trip- Part 2

(This starts off super angsty I'm sorry it gets less sad though... then gets sad again lmao I'm sorry)

Jefferson's POV

The whole trip was rather awkward, with the Schuylers basically blacklisting Mulligan and John and Alex ignoring each other and Lafayette driving, it was just the "Southern Mother Fucking Democratic Republicans" as we called ourself.

Lafayette stopped to take a pee break.

"Thomas, can I talk to you for a second?" Said my (secret) boyfriend, Madison. "Sure. Let's go outside." We walked far away from the bus, so we could hold hands.

"Thomas, this probably isn't the best time to tell you, but I need to do it before it's too late." I wasn't really paying attention before he said that, but my eyes got wide.

"W-what do you mean by 'before it's too late'?" "The doctors are stopping treatment on me. They say it's a lost cause. I have about 2 months to live." He said, like he wasn't just talking about his mortality. My whole world crumbled around me. I covered my mouth with my hand and sat on the ground.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I didn't want to hurt you." I pulled him in a hug, expecting to cry, but I didn't. "How long have you known?" He sighed. "About 3 months."

"Is there anything I can do to help?" I say... Well... Helplessly. "No. Just... Don't treat me like some dying old lady, okay? Just pretend I'm fine... Well as fine as someone as sick as me can be." He fake laughed, and I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Can you not tell anybody else, though? They're already joking about my current state, this wouldn't help, haha." I nodded. "Anything for you."

John's POV

We had gotten to 'Park Rushmore' when it started to get dark without any major things happening, except Eliza crying because Lafayette ran over a deer.

We decided to go on the cheesy 'Smarquis We Gafayette' rollercoaster, and Madison took out his inhaler.

Only 9 people could go on at once, so of course me and Alex had to go by ourselves and make awkward eye contact. I prepared myself to go down the big part, when it suddenly stopped.

"Please do not panic. We are currently having technical difficulties with the roller coaster. We will send up a fire department soon."

"Well shit." I said, this is probably the most awkward thing to ever happen. "Hey, do you think that God put us up here because I didn't buckle my seat belt?"

Oh my god. "OH MY GOD." I said angrily. "You can't even stop arguing for a second!" I said. "You can't stop being wrong! I'm already working on an essay on why they're ineffective and-" suddenly the bar that was holding him in broke.

Hamilton's POV

"On why they're ineffective and-" I went tumbling out of the cart while the crowd watching us screamed.

An arm grabbed mine, and I looked up to see John, and he pulled me up. "Remain calm. Remain calm." Blasted over the speakers while the crowd sighed in relief.

I glared at John. "What are you smirking at?" "You. And I don't think you're really in a position to argue with the person who saved your life." I scoffed.

"You didn't save my life." "Look down." I looked down to see an at least 20 ft. drop. "Oh... AHHHHHHH!" He put his arm around me.

"Chill. You'll be okay."

Reporters started showing up, and of course I waved while John rolled his eyes. "Hey, you want to make Fox News shit their pants?" He said. "Of course."

He then kissed me and we could hear Angie scream. "Gross!"

Angie's POV

By time the fire department got here, everything was closed down.

don't answer: Can we talk? Please? I know you hate me but we need to. About our breakup. Please.

Angie👽: Fine, Mulligan.

He pulled me aside from the group. "I'm sorry. I was a real asshole, and I need to give you an explanation." He said nervously "Uh, yeah you do!" I said while tapping my foot.

"Okay, first of all, I'm sorry. Really sorry. I was a dick. And I honestly hope things can stop being awkward between us and we can be... Friends?" I smiled and shook his hand. "Friends."

Mulligan's POV

"Angie, I lied about not loving you. I really do, Angie. I broke up with you because your dad said that he would... Cut off my penis." She laughed, but then stopped.

"Wait, he threatened you?" I nodded. "No big deal. But I don't think that we can get back together. I'm in love with... Lafayette." I said, and She took a step back.

"Wow... You guys would be cute together though! Go for it!" "You see I kinda already did..." She laughed and hit me on the arm.

"You're disgusting. I'll tell my sisters to stop shunning you." She then skipped inside.