♤Chapter 5

AN

So I've been putting pictures of what I imagine the characters to look like to give you a visual. I did Emily, Violet, Danny, and Mystery Guy over there to your right-----------------------> Look back in the previous chapters if you want to see them. Thanks for reading and remember votes and comments make me write faster. They are like a shot of red bull for me.(: Thanks for reading<3-Sam

The air was thick with tension as five very angry parents stared at their three very uncomfortable children, as we sat on Emily's yellow couch. The I'm so happy that you're alive and don't worry me like that ever again had evaporated to your social life is so dead. Danny was the lucky one in this situation, even though he was going to be perfectly fine he was still hurt enough for his parents to be sick with worry about him. A dragon had arrived only a couple minutes ago to airlift him to the hospital.

My mom was the first to speak. "Violet Ellen Silver," I sat up straighter when I heard my full name. It was never a good sign when she used it. "I can't even stress how disappointed I am in you," she snapped, and I cringed at her words.

"Miss Silver," Emily blurted out, "don't be mad at Violet. She didn't want to sneak out, but I made her come with me." Emily gave my mom a pleading look.

My mom relaxed a little and softened her voice as she answered Emily,"No one was making her do anything. She had a choice and she didn't make a right decision."

"But..." Emily began.

"Emily just stop!" I yelled, Emily turned to me with a look of surprise, her mouth still opened in mid-sentence. I met her gaze and shook my head. She closed her mouth and slumped forward and didn't say anything else.

"I'm disappointed in you too Bridget!" The blonde that looked like she was more likely to be Bridget's sister than her mom spoke up. She was standing next to a man that looked like he could be her own father. If I didn't know any better I would have said that they were father and daughter instead of husband and wife.

"You told me that you were staying at Tilly's house so you could organize the fundraiser for the cheer retreat! Well, guess who isn't going on that now. Are you listening to me!?" She was glaring at her daughter in outrage.

Bridget's face had turned a sickly white color during the course her mom rant and beads of sweat had begun to dot her forehead. I bet she hadn't heard a single word.

Bridget stood suddenly and clamped her hand over her mouth. She ran around the couch and towards Emily's long hallway.

"Third door on the right," Emily's mom called after her. Bridget's mom let out an exasperated sigh and followed her daughter.

I cringed as I heard the sounds of Bridget throwing up the contents of her stomach into the toilet.

On that note, my mom cleared her throat and reached for my wrist and tugged on it. "Well, we better get going." I stood up reluctantly and let myself be led to the door. She turned back once to give Emily's mom a closed mouth smile and pulled us out the door without saying another word.

When we were outside my mom looked at me sadly, "I knew I wasn't cut out to be a parent," she sighed and slumped her shoulders. "Tell me the real reason that you were in the woods. If it is a boy I need to know if I have to have to put you on the pill."

"Mom!" I groaned. "We were telling you the truth about sneaking out to hunt for a unicorn. No matter how lame that sounds," I added. "Honestly do you think I'm a ho?" I swatted my hair away from my face in irritation.

"No, I think that you are just like me. I never thought I would get pregnant at the age of sixteen. Especially not from a one night stand with a guy that I didn't even know his first name," she snapped. She clenched her hands into little tiny balls and held them against her sides. She didn't turn her head to look at me even once.