Chapter 21

The One With Finals

John's POV

It was time for finals, a week that everybody dreaded, except for Mr. Washington. He liked to watch the coffee shop next to our college slowly get fuller every hour and laugh at our misery.

Alex also decided to fully move in with me after Spring break, much to Lafayette's dismay.

"I think that I can see sounds." I Said, as I chugged Alex's horrible coffee-redbull concoction that would probably kill him.

"What time is it?" I said. "Time is an illusion." he said, his face pressed up in my book. "Alex..."

"5:26 AM" I sighed. "I have a 7 AM test, today."

"That sucks. So do I."

"Alex, can you say complete sentences?" "Yes, and if you studied you would know that what I said was." I never thought that him not talking would be a problem.

"Take a break!"

~2 hours later~

I strutted into class 2 minutes late. "Sorry Mr. Washington, I was doing things."

"I'm things!" Said Alex, and then he took a seat. "TMI, boys... TMI." Washington said, handing out papers.

Jefferson's POV

I could barley take my finals, I was so worried about Madison dying somewhere. At least I won't still be worrying about him when he's dead.

Is that horrible to say? Yeah, that's horrible even for me. We didn't even get that shitty extra credit because the French kid got us kicked out... I've always wanted to go to France though.

"Hey! James!" I said, walking up to him. "Why weren't you in class?" He scoffed. "I'm dying in 2 months, I'll be lucky if I even live until after school is over." I sat down next to him and sighed.

"You can't think like that, Madison." "Uh-yes I can. I'm dying. What are you going to do? Put me in jail? Only a two month sentence!" He said, laughing.

"JAMES." He looked at me strange. "Sorry for having a little fun before I kick the bucket!" "Just stop, okay? You're acting... Not you." He stood up.

"Tell me that I'm 'acting different' when I'm dying?" He said, defensively, "James, you know that's not what I meant."

"Whatever. I have to go yell at a couple people. Bye." He said, walking away.

~1 Week Later~

Eliza's POV

I sat in the floor on John's apartment. It was bigger than Angelica's, our usual hangout, so we just all stay here now.

"How do you guys think you did?" They all shrugged and I sighed. "You guys are terrible at making conversation!" I said, then lied on the floor.

"Either that, our the author is terrible at writing conversation." Prompted Lafayette. "Huh?" "Nevermind."

"I'm going to go do some things in my car. Come with me." Said Mulligan. "What things?" Said Lafayette.

"Things."

"Huh? Oh!" Said Lafayette happily, and they ran to his car.

"...Well they're fucking. What do you guys want to do?" I said. "Bar?" I Suggested. "Sure." Said Alex.

"Dude, it's like 8 PM." Said Laurens. "So?" I said. "Alright, you guys can go but I'm staying home.

I have an...essay to work on." Said John, strange. That was a little out of character.