Chapter 2

Annabeth has been ignoring me for the past two days. Ignoring as in she did not even look my way once. She will talk at the lunch table to everyone else, being what I think is her normal self, but whenever I will say something, she will immediately stop talking. Thalia will always send me apologizing looks.

Wednesday at lunch, is the same as any other day. I am sitting next to Leo and Piper. Piper is chatting across the table with Hazel, leaving me with Leo. He leans over towards me and whispers, "I have a proposal for you." He is quiet for a short while, and looks around, as if anyone would have an interest in eavesdropping on our conversation. "I have an amazing prank planned, and I would like you to be apart of it."

My mind instantly drifts back to a conversation Piper and I had last week. Piper was warning me about Leo. She said, and I quote, "If Leo ever tries to get you in on one of his pranks. Say no. Either, the prank is actually on you, or it is on one of us, and Leo is trying to get you involved. Once your in once, there is no way out. So, for your sake, and the sake of everyone else, say no." The first thing I thought after this conversation was, 'Piper is such a buzz-kill.' But she seems to be close with Leo, she would know more about him than I do.

After hearing Leo's proposition, I know I should have said no. But I don't. I agree to, and for the rest of lunch I listen to Leo tell me all about his master plan, which I must admit is good. A certain prank I have heard of, but never done. I ask Leo, "And what is my role in this?"

Leo shrugs and takes a bite out of his sandwich, "I don't know, just thought maybe you would like the be apart of it."

It does sound fun. I agree to help him. "Okay. I'm in."

Leo grins at me. "Great, you can come over to my place this afternoon and we can prepare. The prank will go down tomorrow morning." I nod, continuing with my lunch as if nothing has happened. After lunch we continue on with our classes, boring as ever.

After my class, I go out to the hallway and see Thalia and Annabeth talking by our lockers. Hesitantly, I walk up to them.

"Hey Thalia. Annabeth." Thalia grins at me, while Annabeth does not even acknowledge my existance.

"Hey Perce. Hey I was planning something on Saturday with us all. Want to come? Maybe my place around noon? We could camp out in Central Park."

I really want to but I always have to do things for Gabe on the weekends and I'm not in the mood to piss him off. Well, never in the mood to piss him off. "Uh. I have to talk to my mom. I'll get back to you tomorrow." Thalia nods, saying goodbye, and walks back down the hall.

I look at Annabeth and hold out my arm. "My lady?" I see her crack a slight smile but she covers it quickly with rolling her eyes and walking quickly past me. I may finally be getting through to her. I run up next to her and start walking.

"You going with Thalia this weekend?" I am definitely not expecting an answer but I got one anyways.

"Yeah."

I try my hardest to hide my smile as we walk mainly in silence. It is not easy talking with Annabeth. Since everything I say she completely ignores.

"Percy!" I turn around to see Leo running towards me, as he catches up to the two of us. I forgot that I was gonna hang out with him after school for the prank.

"So sorry, Leo. I forgot." I glance at Annabeth and see her looking confused. We do not want her to know we were planning a prank so I make up a lie on the spot. "Uh, thanks for agreeing to tutor me Leo." Annabeth displays a look of disbelief, but like always, does not say anything and walks away.

Leo turns to me, looking amused. "Tutor? Really? I think you're better in school than me!"

I shrug, "I don't know. My first thought that came to mind. It's fine, it was just Annabeth.

Leo shkes his head in uncertainty. "Just Annabeth? Dude, Annabeth is freaking scary. You do not want to get on that girls bad side."

"Aren't you? On Annabeth's bad side." I think he would be. He apparently plays pranks all the time, and Annabeth does not seem to be the girl that would be too keen on pranks.

"Nah. She warmed up to me. But dude, when she figures out you are apart of this prank. She will hate you." Great. Exactly what I want.

"More than she already does now?"

Leo chuckles. "Oh yeah."

Should I even be involved in this? Especially now when I am trying to get Annabeth to like me. But how am I supposed to tell Leo I don't want to go through with this, without sounding like a coward. Maybe I can just pretend that I am getting a call from my mom. Yeah, that will work. I reach into my pocket and pull out my phone. I hold it up to my ear, "Hello?" Leo looks over at me with worry. "Oh. I completely forgot...I'm sorry...yeah....okay...yeah. I'm coming now. Sorry again Mom." I put the phone back in my pocket and look over at Leo. "I have to go. I told my mom I would do something for her today since she is going to be working late again. I'm so sorry, but I have to go."

Leo nods. "That's okay. But what about the prank?"

"Um, go through without me. I will see you tomorrow."

"Okay. Bye Perce!" He waves at me as I run down the street. Phew. I am good. I continue running until I reach my apartment building. I did not pass Annabeth on the way, so she must have been walking fast to get home.

I walk into my apartment, knowing my mom would not be home. But I am hoping Gabe would be out as well. I am wrong.

"Boy! What are you doing!?" I turn my head to see Gabe staring angrily at me. I don't even know what I was doing. I walked in the door. That's all. Well he was drunk at the moment. That must be it. Actually, that is always it. Just do what he asks, Percy.

I take from experience and pull my head down and start walking to my door. But this time is different. Gabe grabs the collar of my shirt and pulls me so we are face to face.

"Don't ignore me boy! I asked you a question! Now answer me!"

I shake my head. "I don't know."

"You do know! Answer me boy! Answer your father!" He is not giving this up is he?

But now he is annoying me. "You're not my father!" That seems to piss him off more. Good. But the second after I thought that. I knew I was being stupid.

"Don't you talk to me like that boy!" Before I can react he shoves me backwards and I slam into the wall, falling to the ground. I try to get up quickly but Gabe comes over and kicks me back against the wall. It feels like I am slamming my head into a wall over and over again. My head is thumping and my vision starts to blur. I have a sharp pain up my cheekbone and forehead. I cautiously bring my hand up to my head. I feel something warm and sticky. Great. Blood. How am I going to explain this? Before I can conjour another thought my vision goes black.

~

[EDITED]

This one is really short. sorry. sort of a filler

-Lu <3