Chapter 8: The Tomboy, the Player & the Wardrobe

Riley

    “Riley, I have to tell you something.”

     My heart easily melts at the sound of his deep, baritone, and husky voice. Oh, Ayden, one more time. Say it! Say my name.

     “Riley,” my name echoed the walls of my heart.

     “Ayden, say my name one more time, just one—“ I begged to him as I suffered painful spasms of happiness.

    “Riley,” he cupped my face in his hands; the abysmal passion hit me like waves of the ocean crashing all around me. “Riley,” he retold. My eyes were deadlocked with his cerulean deep icy eyes as my soul escaped from my body for just a second.

   “Yes, Ayden?” I fluttered my eyelashes at him with a seductive smile. Whoa, since when I became so flirty? Ew, gross!

   “Riley,” he muttered with a huge smirk on his lips. Oh, that smirk that makes my brain explode.

  “Yes, Ayden?” I asked again, a little bit irritated this time.

   “I love you.” He said before leaning closer to me and pressing his indulgent lips on mine.

   “Butch!”

   I pulled off of Ayden’s lips, as I heard shouts coming from the distance.

   “Andrew?” I asked myself, looking around for the one who bawled my name.

   “Yes,” the man, that cupped my cheeks and kissed me, said. And when I looked up to see him, I was startled. It wasn’t Ayden, it was Andrew.

  “Riley.” Andrew whispered warmly with a beautiful smirk painted on his lips and with sparkling eyes as he suddenly began to evaporate.

  “No! Andrew!” I yelled with a huge effort to make him appear again. “Andrew! Come back!”

  “Riley… Riley… Riley…”

   My name was repeatedly uttered from far away as I rotated from one place to another in search for Ayden… for Andrew?

   “Riley!” A slap was smacked across my face as I was engage in a dream… or better said, nightmare.

   My cheek burned as I flickered my eyes. My strained sight saw the sun shining down on me and a face shadowing the gleaming beauty. “What the sparkling Yoda?”

   “Riley! Wake up!” a familiar yet strange voice shouted while some unknown fingers grasped my tee and shook me.

   “The fudge?!” I tried to open my heavy rebel eyelids but soon it became a hard task.

   “I’m a Star Wars fan too and I like fudge. Isn’t that supper cookie mookie?” the squealing voice continued to interrupt my nap and my weird… weird dream.

   “Huh?” I raised my head to look up and to my surprise the freak girl stood in front of me.

    “Hi!” she squeaked, waving her hands in excitement. What a dork!

    “Oh, no. What part of ‘don’t follow me’ you don’t understand? Maybe I’ll have to give you a kick in the ass to earn you a hint,” I mumbled the last part as I stood up and swiped the dirt off my stupid jean skirt.

   “You were lying on the ground. Dirt, germs, pollen, and little creatures that aren’t visible are now resting in your behind.” She sated as a scientific fact.