Chapter 30- Make Yourself At Home

I tightened my grip around Daryl, nearly suffocating the poor man to death. I've never ridden a motorcycle before, but I've always wanted to try.

"I'll go slow alright? Stop chokin' me."

I grinned and loosened my grip on his waist, so he could breath again. We've been driving around aimlessly for a few weeks now. Trying to find some where to call home, scavenging what ever building we came across.

We had to ditch the jeep a week ago and the pickup, just now. The RV always ran out of fuel so we had to take it from our other vehicles. Soon we'd probably have to give the RV up too.

Daryl pushed the motorcycle forwards slowly, making the speed a walking pace. "Oh come on, you can do better than that." I yelled at him.

He turned around and looked at me with a sly smirk. "You asked for it." He turned back around and revved the motor.

All of a sudden we were racing down the road, I screamed and tightened my grip. I was horrified I would fall off the bike. He slowed down and stopped the motorcycle, waiting for the rest of the group to catch up.

He stood up off the bike and kicked the stand out. I waited for Daryl to offer me a hand or something but he just snickered and stretched out his legs.

I huffed from frustration and got off the bike. I looked around at the forest. Both sides of the road were covered with luscious green tree's.

I walked over to a big oak and looked up. It was so big, and it looked so familiar as if I was here yesterday. I shrugged and walked over to Daryl. The RV drove up slowly, pulling to a stop beside the motorcycle.

Rick popped out from the RV and walked over to Daryl and I. "So where do we go? We need a place to camp or something, right?." I asked.

Rick nodded his head in knowingly and looked to Daryl. Daryl's eyes were focused on the ground, looking frustrated and annoyed at something.

"Whats wrong?" I questioned him. He snapped out of his odd state and stared at Rick.

"Got a map?" Daryl asked, Rick nodded and walked into the RV. A few minutes passed and Rick came back out, a map in his hands.

Rick spread the map out on the hood of a car and pointed to a highway. "We're here." Rick said looking at me.

I shook my head, I can't believe this. "I know where we can go." I said happily.

"Where?" Rick asked crossing his arms.

"We're near my old town, theres a medical center down the road about ten miles that way." I pointed down the road.

Rick shrugged. "Why there?" Daryl asked curiously. I smiled and picked up the map.

"They were always stocking up on food, toiletries, medical supplies and they even have generators." I said, hardly able to contain my excitement.

"Why didn't you go there in the beginning than? When everything started?" Rick asked.

I sighed and looked down at the ground, remembering that awful day. "The town was too crazy. Everyone was trying to get out, so we had no way to get out here."

Rick nodded solemnly and walked towards the RV. Daryl shrugged and walked over to the motorcycle.

"Can I try?" I asked, still excited from finding a possible place to live.

Daryl stared at me for a moment, then chuckled, shaking his head back and fourth.

I got on the bike after him, taking the answer as a no. I wrapped my arms around his waist and he kicked the bike stand up.

He started it up and we rode for a little bit. The medical center came into view and a new rush of excitement came over me.

We pulled into the parking lot and I got off the bike. Everyone pilled out of the RV and made a circle around Jason, Taylor and I.

"Alright, so this is the plan." I said quickly, looking at Jason and Taylor for support.

"We break into three groups. Jason, T-Dog, Andrea and Dale go together. Taylor, Lori, Glenn, Sophia and Carol go together and the rest come with me." I commanded.

Lori gave me a unsure look. "What do we do?" She asked.

I looked at the group. "Kill any walker, and secure the building we meet out here in one hour, no longer. If you find any survivors, which is highly unlikely, tie them up and bring them out here."

Everyone nodded and started to separate into their groups. "Alright let's do this." Rick commented.

I smiled and spoke to Rick. "Let's make ourselves at home."