Still Fallin' (DaiSuga)

Koshi pulled into the driveway and sighed. He'd been woken up by screaming at 4 that morning and couldn't go back to sleep. On top of that he had a seemingly endless list of errands to run. It was nearly 5 and he had finally finished everything. Koshi sighed. The car was full of groceries that he had to get inside and he still had to make dinner. He turned off the car and got out. He walked up to the house and unlocked the door.

"I'm home!" He called, walking into the house.

He looked up and locked eyes with his husband who was in the middle of jumping from the couch to the love seat. His face went pale and he froze like a deer caught in headlights. He knew he had been caught.

"Daichi." Koshi said, trying to remain calm. "What the hell are you doing?"

"The floor is lava!" He cried.

"What?"

"Dad is playing with us!" Takeshi cried.

Koshi sighed.

"What have I told you about jumping on the furniture?"

"You never said anything." Daichi said.

Koshi rolled his eyes.

"I never thought I'd have to tell you." He mumbled.

"Sorry Daddy." Aiya said. "We wanted to play and Dad agreed."

Koshi sighed.

"Just get down before you hurt yourself."

The little girl nodded and climbed down from the back of the couch. Daichi sat down on the arm of the chair and Koshi looked at him.

"Off."

"I'm not a dog."

"Just get up and help me carry in the groceries."

Daichi got up and began to walk towards Koshi.

"Why are dads fighting?" Aiya whispered.

"I don't know." Takeshi whispered back.

Daichi put his hand on Koshi's back.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm just stressed. I've been up since 4 because Aiya had a nightmare and I couldn't go back to sleep. I've been running errands all day and I still have to make dinner and it's frustrating when I come home and the kids are doing the exact thing I've told them numerous times not to do and you're encouraging it!"

Daichi sighed and turned Koshi to face him.

"I'm sorry." He said. "I just wanted to play with them."

"So play a board game."

"I know, we should have. I'm sorry."

"It's fine, just-" Koshi shook his head. "Nevermind. It's fine. Just get some groceries."

Daichi nodded and grabbed some of the bags, following Koshi back into the house. Koshi went back out to get more and Daichi stayed to talk to their kids.

"Daddy's had a rough day today, okay?" He whispered, kneeling down in front of the couch. "And he didn't like that we were jumping on the furniture so I want you to say sorry, okay?"

The children nodded.

"And we're going to all make dinner so Daddy doesn't have to."

"Okay."

Daichi stood up and Koshi came back in, mumbling under his breath. Daichi frowned and went to grab the groceries from his husband. He took them to the kitchen and Koshi sighed.