ONE

"Hello, Britt!" Alice exclaimed as she walked by my locker. "Hi Alice," I turned to face her. She was only a grade older than me but we still talked time to time due to the fact her family and I's lockers were close by.
"Alice, if you keep bothering her with your bubbly-ness, you will scare her off," Emmett stated walking behind Alice with an arm wrapped around Rosalie's waist. Rosalie was so pretty. I mean don't get me wrong, she was beautiful but I'm not really jealous. I prefer my ombré hair. I couldn't help but chuckle at Emmett's poor use of speech.
"What's so funny squirt?" Emmett asked. "Squirt?" I asked with a smirk. He nodded with a smile. "I believe bubbly-ness is not a word." I corrected him. "Ooh, looks like we got a smart one on our hands." He cooed. Rosalie smacked his chest turning him away.
I went back to my locker to pack up. Once I had my backpack all packed up, I slung my backpack over my shoulder and made my way out of the building.

The rain was drizzling but I didn't mind since I love rain. I slipped on a poncho and kept walking. I walked down the old sidewalk in my neighborhood. I arrived at my house just a few minutes later. Dad's police cruiser was parked in front of the house just like always.

I opened the front door stepping inside. I wiped my feet on the mat like always and found my dad sitting on the couch watching tv. "Hi daddy," I said walking in. "Hey, kiddo. How was school?" He asked me. "Good. How was work?" I answered back. "Good thanks. Hey, I'm leaving to get Bella soon. I won't be back for like another two and a half hours. Will you make yourself look presentable?" Dad asked me. "Sure. Love you." I said skipping up the stairs.

I walked up two flights of stairs to the attic where my bedroom was. I walked in and gently slid my bag down onto my desk chair and walked to my closet. I picked out an outfit for me to wear and got in the shower.

I put on some lavender lotion and got dressed. I then put on some light natural makeup and walked down the stairs and to the second level of the house. I walked into Bella's room. I helped dad pick out the furniture and paint since I knew a little more about Bella than dad. Bella and I were complete opposites. She is only a few months younger than me but we weren't very close. Also due to the fact I am adopted, I look nothing like Bella. She has a pale complexion while mine was more sunkissed.

I have blue eyes while her's are brown. She also as dark brown hair, unlike my light brown hair. Our personalities are also a lot different. It is safe to say that my sister is not a people person. I use to play soccer back before I was adopted.

I messed around for a while until I heard the door downstairs squeak open. I danced down the stairs and plastered a big smile on my face pretending like I loved my big sister before rounding the corner coming face to face with her.