VII

Listen while you read:
Lush & Simon - We Are Lost

______________________________

Morning came along and Lauren was the first to wake. With furrowed eyebrows she looked at both of her friends hugging one another for warmth. It was then that Lauren noticed she had the entire blanket and covered both women. She stood and stretched for a bit as she looked for her red flannel. Once she had the red shirt she walked to the door and exited leaving her two friends in their sleep state. Carefully closing it she made her way to the kitchen to found Liam and Lily sitting at the table. The pair faced Lauren and greeted her with a smile.

"Good morning, Lauren. Want some breakfast? The guys managed to leave eggs, toast, and bacon." Lily smiled as she stood from her seat. Lauren nodded at the kind offer and sat next to Liam while Lily was already making her a plate.

"How'd you all sleep, Lauren?" Liam asked taking a sip from his orange juice. Lauren simply nodded with a small smile, "That's good. You guys helped out a lot yesterday I'd be surprised if you weren't all exhausted."

Lily set Lauren's plate in front of her with orange juice and she began eating as Lily sat down across from Liam.

"So I hope you're well rested because today the three of us are gonna go out to the fields and harvest the grapes." Lily smiled contentedly.

Before Lauren could even nodd her head she felt a hand on her shoulder that caused her to look up and see blue eyes with matching blond hair.

"Another time, Lily. I wanna show Lauren something." Cole said and smiled down at Lauren.

"Oh, alright I'll ask Normani or Dinah later." Lily stood up and began walking outside with Liam following behind.

The blond haired man took a seat next to Lauren who continued to eat her breakfast.

"Sleep well?" Lauren nodded. "So what I want to show you is what Dylan and I are doing down stairs. After yesterday's incident I would rather try having a new partner that isn't as impulsive as my brother." He chuckled. "So finish up, no rush, there will be a lab coat and goggles hanging near the door." He said standing and walking into the hall way. Lauren continued to eat her breakfast as she sat alone in the kitchen until Dinah and Normani joined her moments later.

"Good morning, Lo." Dinah smiled sitting down with a plate of breakfast.

"Thanks for hogging the blanket last night." Normani said sarcastically sitting next to Dinah.

Lauren finished her eggs and stood up taking her plate to the sink. Normani and Dinah watched as their silent friend walked into the hallway where in the very end was a black wooden door where a lab coat and goggles hung.

Lauren put on the necessary gear and walked down into the basement. It was partially dark, but the amount of lights down there made up for it, giving the room a slight dim look. Cole looked up from his desk where he wrote down a few things and smiled up at his guest.

"Have Dinah and Normani woken up yet?" He asked as Lauren nodded her head while tieing her hair up. "Good because the others will need help with chores today." Cole stood up and walked around the metal table slab that sat in the middle of the square room. "So what I needed you for today was mainly to show you what Dylan and I do here. To show you that you have nothing to be afraid of."

Lauren eyed him suspiciously and looked around to see small wild rodents along with test tubes.

"So the other day, Dylan and I were creating weapons. Weapons to protect us from F.O.L, but today is different. We will be searching for a cure." Lauren's eyes lit up as she connected her eyes with Cole's. "Yes, Lauren, a cure. Something everyone wants nowadays and we're getting close to having it."