Art (II)

Chapter Thirty One: Art (II)

"Stop squirming, sweet cheeks" his voice drifted from behind the canvass before he peeked out from behind it, his eyes lingering over me for a moment longer than normal before he could shake himself and force his brush against the canvass. 

"Oh, but being naked is odd! I'm completely used to you being beside and with me!" I cried as I lounged on the bed, the only thing serving as any type of cover was a thin, black lace overthrow which was translucent, so my body could still be seen beneath it. He had me lay upon my side, the side of my face pressed into a pillow as one of my hands laid upon my side, exemplifying to him the curvature of certain parts of my body, whilst my other hand was buried beneath the same pillow my head laid upon. The black lace draped over my midsection and pelvis, whilst my legs, thighs, and chest were more than visible to him! 

"How then, do you believe I felt when you painted me?" Asked he, peeking back at me once more, his eyes swimming over me once more before meeting my own gaze. 

"At least I let you have a full length blanket" 

My complaint fell upon deaf ears. "Show our ring more--turn--that's it, sweet cheeks! There, now it glitters as you do." He complimented, causing a wave of a blush to color my cheeks. 

"How much longer do we have in the bluffs, my Captain?" Asked I, resting my head more into the pillow. 

"A day or so, we've reached the end, and then we will be en route to Singapore, where you will be thoroughly introduced to the rest of the fleet" he replied, his focus stolen away to the picture he was creating with a brush and paint. 

"The fleet?!" I cried, whatever was he wanting to introduce me to the fleet for? My only reply from him was a grunt, and for a long while, he was silent! He paused for a moment before backing away from the canvass and setting his brush down, taking a momentary break. 

"Yes, sweet cheeks, it's mandatory for Captains to show off their brides to their fleet--god knows Edward's done it enough." He explained, mumbling the last bit. I laughed so hard I nearly fell out of position! Especially as the boat rolled! For, Blackbeard did have quite a lot of ex-wives; I wondered how many of Edward's weddings the Captain had been a part of. 

"So" I began, catching the Captain's attention, I could only see his eyes peeking out from behind the canvass, which sat upon a light wooded easel. "Edward's nickname among the pirates and other folk is Blackbeard, but is real name is Edward." 

"Yes" 

"And your real name is--"

"Yes" the Captain said quickly, I knew he really hated his name, but, not that much! 

"Then, what's your pirate nickname?" I asked, giving a sly smile and setting my teeth on my bottom lip, keeping my smile. 

"As far as I know, sweet cheeks, it's The Captain." Replied he, cracking his knuckles before turning back to his painting and lifting up his brush, dipping it in water and wiping it off as the boat rolled gently, the water lapping on the side of the hull being used as white noise to fill the silences. 

"You're just so infamous you get to use the title!" I giggled, my laughter caused a weary smile to weave along his lips and hike them up. 

***My Captain had almost completely healed, he still had a cough and his wound ached when the weather turned for the worst, but besides that, he was normal! 

Well, normal for his standards. 

On land, he proposed, which had taken me completely by surprise, I nearly thought he was going to do the exact opposite and leave me there with a little house or something! Alas, he proposed and after giving my answer of 'hell yes!' he fainted. He stayed conscious just enough to slip the ring on my finger and listen to people's shouts of congratulations before fainting into my arms! For his sake as a rough and tumble pirate, I will spare the details, but, let's just say I ended up accidentally dropping him when he fell into a dead faint.