Chapter 1

Dedicated to MaNaNRads

The sun rays came streaming through the windows. Manik shifted a little on his bed and as he turned he found his love sleeping peacefully in his arms.

Nandini's fingers clutched his vest tightly as if trying to keep him safe with her even in her sleep.

Manik stared at her. The sight was so serene and peaceful. The morning rays kissed her black eye lashes and her locks making her look no lesser than a princess.

His princess.

He leaned and kissed her forehead. A smile crept across her face as Nandini lazily opened her eyes.

"Good morning love.....", Manik wished pecking her lips.

"Morning, hubby", Nandini wrapped her arms around his neck and nuzzeled into his chest.

It has been 5 years since they had tied themselves with each other and they had been able to pull it off effortlessly.

Not that it was a cake walk, but it wasn't hard enough. They had their own share of problems, with two kids and themselves but they had each other. And that was just what they needed.

Manik's phone buzzed and he picked it up from the side table as Nandini rolled off the bed.

"Hello?"

"Sir, a meeting has been scheduled urgently regarding the financial matters. And you have been summoned for it.", Manik's Personal Assistant informed him.

"When is it?", Manik asked sitting up on the bed.

"Today at 11:00 o'clock,sir."

"I am on leave today, I had informed you earlier.", Manik replied a bit irritated.

"Yes sir, am aware of it. But it is really important.", the man added.

"Prepare the papers and make the arrangements. I will reach there by 10.", Manik added grumpily as he hung up.

"What happened to you?", Nandini asked him as she saw Manik frowning.

"Do you think you'll be able to handle Ish and Manni today.....", Manik asked her.

Nandini looked at him and she knew it was his work. She walked up to him and kissed his frown and replied," Of course I will. Don't worry...."

"I promised will go outing today,", Manik said looking disappointed with himself.

"Manik we can always go another time.", Nandini tried to cheer him up.

"But I should not break the promises you know. It will be a wrong ideal. They would think its okay to break promises.", Manik said.

"Manik Ish and Manni are both very understanding. They will get it..and its not that you do this everyday. It just happened today.... I am sure they won't mind.
Now give me my ever charming, always smiling hubby back, you sulky frowning monster.....", and she knocked her head to his.

Manik let out a laugh as he spoke," Oh so am a sulky monster...... " and in a swift action he pulled Nandini to bed with him.

"Manikk", she squeaked.

"I think we are forgetting our morning rituals love......", Manik reminded Nandini as he carcasses her cheeks.

"Manik not now. They can wake up any moment....", Nandini tried to free herself from her monster.

But how can the little doll move the giant beast.

"Yeah and they will see their Dad kissing their Mom. It's not a big deal you know........", And Manik leaned closing the gap between their lips.

Nandini closed her eyes waiting for his attack but instead feeling his warm lips on hers she felt a jump over her legs.

Manik immediately moved back and to their surprise the brother sister had jumped upon them.

"Good morning.... Mommy and Daddy", the duo sang in a sweet chorus.

Nandini straightened up and took her babies in a motherly hug," Morning.... So did my sweethearts had a lovely sleep?"

"Yesg", the five year old shouted as he leaped onto his dad.

"Me too and I dreamt about Amusement park. We all went there......", Mannat squealed in joy as Nandini settled Manni in her lap.

"Pumpkin.....", Manik started but was cutoff by both Nandini and Mannat.

"Manik!! You can't keep calling her that. She is going to school and having friends....", Nandini said.

"Daddy!! I am not a baby anymore.....", Mannat huffed.

Manik got startled by both their reactions. The time since Mannat had understood the meaning of pumpkin she had developed a great distaste for both the vegetable as well as the nickname.

And Nandini had equally supported her. But it was tough for Manik to change his habit.

"Come on you two.. Stop doing that to me....and Manni baby you are always going to be my little princess......", Manik replied.

Ish climbed on his daddy's chest and placed a big kiss on his father's cheek, "Daddy you can call me pumpkin too.. I wontl get angry"

The cute way adopted by the small boy for cheering up his dad was beautiful to watch.

"Okay then I have got two pumpkins in the house", Manik laughed and pulled Mannat and Nandini into a hug as the four spent a blissful and lovely morning in each others presence.

They were a imperfectly perfect family.

Manik          Nandini

Ishq               Mannat

Four people...... Destined for each other......

Connected by the inseparable bond of love.

So here it comes the very first chapter. Hope you love it too. No editing done.

And do comment and vote.

Till then happy reading.