Chapter 25

The One Where Hamilton And John Are (Not) Cheating

Alexander's POV

"What are ya working on?" I said, looking at John's computer screen. He pulled it away. "Nothing." I sighed. "You should go to sleep, babe. It's late." "I don't care." He said, furiously typing.

"I got blackmailed today." "Mhm. That's nice dear." He got a phone call and jumped out of bed. "I gotta take this, sorry." He said, and grabbed his laptop and walked into the hall.

lordofthebis: Hey Peggy, have you noticed anything weird going on with John?

anDPEGGY: Yeah, actually. He's been kinda salty and secretive to me.

lordofthebis: Oh. He's been acting that way towards me, too. I wonder what's up.

lordofthebis: I know it doesn't seem like him but... Could he be cheating?

anDPEGGY: Oh shit. I didn't think of that. It doesn't sound like him, but it would make sense of his behavior. I'll interrogate him tomorrow. Night! ❤️

I sighed. He wouldn't be cheating on me... Right? I mean, it would make sense.

All of the girls AND guys love him, he looks great, he's the human embodiment of sunshine... Oh my god. He could be cheating.

Peggy's POV

"What does it say?!" I said, barging in the bathroom with Eliza. She sighed and smiled. "I'm not pregnant." Me and Eliza sighed in relief.

"Oh thank god! I'm too young and broke to be an aunt!" I said, sitting on the bathtub. "Celebratory I don't have a fetus inside of me icecream?" Suggested Eliza. "Sure!"

John's POV

"Yes, thank you very much. Okay, bye." I said, and hung up the phone with the social worker. My brother James has been telling me that my dad has been getting more abusive and I want to get them out of there.

They're sending the police over tomorrow and I'm scared because James's last call to me was yesterday.

I walked back to bed, to find Alex still up. "What are you doing? It's 2 AM! You should be asleep!" I said, alarmed. He crossed his arms.

"I should ask you the same thing!" He paused. "You keep ignoring me and go on strange phone calls... John, are you cheating?"

"What! No! I'm not cheating!" I said defensively. "Then what is it?!" He said, jumping up. I sighed. "I would tell you but-"

"But what?! You don't want me to find out about your secret lover?! Or do you-"

"I DON'T WANT  TO PUT YOU IN DANGER!"

He sat back down. "In danger? John, is it about your dad?" I sat down next to him. "My little brothers told me that my dad has gotten more abusive, and I'm getting them help from Social Services." I said.

"That's all I can tell you. I'll tell you more when they say I can. I trust you enough to tell you, but I don't trust my dad enough to tell you."

He put his arm around me. "John, I'm sorry. I should have known you wouldn't cheat on me... I'm fucking hot." I laughed.

"Jerk." "Asshole." I climbed into bed. "Love you." "Love you too."