65 Decked

In front of the undertaker company's doors blurted Ayumi.

"Wow. That was totally weird."

"Why do you think so?", asked Yuna.

"This conversation. Did he just make you into one of their members, or what?"

The blue-haired looked at her roommate for a moment, thoughtfully. "I'd say so. I'm as clueless as you about this. It surprises me that Yoshiro initiated this. So far he was very secretive about everything."

"Maybe he wants to prevent you from becoming an Oni serial killer.", joked the redhead.

"Maybe. He never explicitly forbid to hunt down humanoid Oni. On the other hand, he doesn't want me to go hunting at all."

"Apparently, he has underestimated your own initiative."

"It looks so."

The women went down the stairs and stopped at the street. The redhead hailed a taxi, which drove up.

"Do you want to go somewhere else, or should we go home?", inquired the hostess.

"Home sounds good." Where should Yuna want to go anyway?

They got into the taxi. Ayumi gave the address to the driver, then he started the ride.

"Listen ...", she began, but then paused until Yuna looked at her.

"Hm?"

"On Saturday Wakamino is going to play in a club. How about we go there together?"

"Who is Wakamino?"

"Wataru didn't tell you the name of his band? Typical. The boy is so easily distracted." Smiling, Ayumi shook her red hair.

"That's why he's so rare these days, yes?"

"Yes. They rehearse every night for hours to get ready."

"I'm not up to anything, so why not? But do I get in there?"

The older one laughed. "If I put some makeup on you and we go together, it will not be a problem."

"Okay."

The huntress looked out the window. She watched the few people on the sidewalks. Beside her rang a phone. Ayumi reached into her purse, pulled out her phone and answered it.

"Yes?"

Yuna looked at her.

"Hello Miyu-chan ... When? ... Now?! Honestly?! Who? ... Hm ... Nakama-san, it is ... the double?! Wow ... Hang on ..." She held her hand in front of the device. "Okay, listen. I'm asked to go to the opera with one of my clients. Can you get home by yourself?"

Yuna pulled up her left eyebrow. "I'm not a baby."

"Good." Ayumi continued to telephone. "It's okay. Can I briefly take a shower in the agency and put on a gown? Get me a red one. He likes red ... Yes ... Okay." She looked at her watch. "I'll be there in fifteen minutes. See you soon." The redhead finished the conversation. "Driver. Please stop immediately."

"Yes, Ma'am."

The taxi driver activated the blinker, drove left to the curb and stopped. Ayumi pulled some money out of her wallet and pushed it in Yuna's hand.