Chapter 33- We Need To Talk

We had moved all of the supplies to the back of Alex's black, ford F1 50. Alex and Allison seemed alright, but I couldn't trust Ryan, not after what happened. But I can feel myself trusting Alex and Allison more and more as the day goes on. They're both hard workers, trying to earn our trust. As I can tell so far.

"Alright." Rick said loudly, making everyone circle around him. "Where are we going to go now?"

I frowned and crossed my arm's. "What do you mean, where do we go? We can stay here." I commented.

Allison shook her head. "We could only clear out the area where we kept the supplies. The other parts are filled with freaks." She said quietly.

"That explains how we barely made it out alive." T-Dog mumbled.

Taylor sighed and put her hand on her hip. "Look, I say we go back to our old camp. There was that quarry, we'd have a little time to think about our next move." She pleaded.

That was actually a brilliant idea. We could go back to camp, relax for a bit, scavenge around for some more supplies. It would be almost like a vacation. Only problem was, that another herd might role through and we'd loose a lot of people.

I looked around at the other group members. Allison, Ryan and Alex didn't really have an expression, they were just doing as they were told, as expected.

The rest of our group seemed to like Taylor's idea. "Alright, we'll leave now. We'll probably need to camp somewhere over night." Rick said.

I walked over to Daryl's motorcycle. Daryl's been quiet the entire time since Ryan and his group joined us. Maybe he didn't like them, maybe his gut didn't feel right. His gut was right about the CDC, maybe he'd be right about this. I needed to talk to him, find out how he truly feels.

Daryl walked past me briskly over to his motorcycle. I followed after him. I sat down behind him and waited for him to start it. "We need to talk." His rough voice said from in front of me.

"When are we going to find time to talk?" I questioned him.

"When we get to camp. I told Rick, I'm takin' you huntin' when we get there." He commented.

I shrugged and wrapped my arms around his waist. He seemed more tense from my touch, as if I would hurt him. He kicked the stand up and we rode away slowly. He sped up after a while, speeding away from the other vehicles.

It was starting to get dark when we pulled up near an overpass. Daryl slowed down and waited for the RV and pick up truck.

Allison and Rick walked towards us. "We can camp under here tonight, in the morning we'll get to the quarry." Rick said loudly.

I looked at the overpass, it was old, there was no doubt about that. Chunks of concrete laid in slabs underneath the road.

"I wanna go check it out, see if it's alright." I said, getting off the motorcycle.

"I'll come with you." Allison spoke up. I nodded and we walked towards the crumbly overpass. I laid my hand against on of the walls.

If any kind of truck rode over top of this, it would surely break. I don't trust it. I looked at Allison and she had the same reaction. "No way." She agreed.

I nodded and she started to walk away. I started after her but heard weird sounds coming from the distance.

I turned around and walked towards the noise. I looked into the distance to see a small herd of walkers. It was small enough we could kill them, but too big that we could get our ass's kicked. I turned to warn our group but the ground started to shake. I looked up to see slabs of concrete falling from the over pass.

I sprinted towards the group trying to get away, but I had no such luck. A small pile of rubble collapsed in front of me, blocking my path.

I ducked down and went the other way. Just as I saw an exit, I was thrown to the ground. Searing pain went threw my body as concrete and rubble fell on top of my ankles

I tried to move, to get away, to do anything. But I was trapped. My leg had too much rubble on it, I couldn't move it.

I was stuck, trapped. There was no getting out, and no one could get to me.

I was surely going to become walker food.