Chapter 28

I am so sorry guys! I thought I posted this a week ago, I just finished the next chapter and came to save it... didn't realize this never posted.

Chapter 27

"Hello William." I finally turned around to William who had been following me on my walk, trying to hide his presence.

"Hey..." He kicked a rock with his foot, looking at the ground. I just sighed.

"Do you still hate me?" His voice was small and shaky and I felt like I had been smacked in my mouth and gasped at the borderline physical blow of his words, I rushed in front of him grabbing his rounded cheeks in my hand.

"William I would NEVER hate you. I love you with my heart and soul, I gave my life for yours, and the payment had almost been accepted. How could you think I hated you?" He wouldn't look at me but his eyes seemed ageless.

"You almost died for me... your mates would of died, and I just cause trouble, and I thought maybe... maybe you like Timothy more now." The words weren't all his own, I felt my skin itch, Ivy all but scratching to get her paws on whoever put that in his head.

"Who told you that?" I didn't recognize the tone in my voice, much like how I reacted to the letter only much worse. His eyes jerked to mine and then away.

"No one."

"William, I would never hate you." A hopeful smile took up his face. "But I want to know who told you that." I said softly.

He looked away from me with tears swimming down his young face.

"It was people at school, a lot of them... they don't like me." He hugged his arms around his waist as if protecting himself.... "I'm the weird one, I always know more than they do about different things, and I am the Beta's son, but I wont ever be a Beta because Aaron is and I'm not good enough.... they just..." Tears piled up. "...I'm different" the word came out with such shame and disgust, I sat down on the ground and pulled him on my lap.

"And you think thats a bad thing?" He slowly nodded his head, but rested it on my shoulder instead of looking at me.

"I'm different, there is no one in the world like me. I'm a witch and a werewolf, I have more scars than people have friends, I was one of the few rouge wolves not to be mean... am I bad because I am different?"

"No." His voice was strong for the first time.

"We are unique my dear boy, and when people get their hands on something beautiful and unique, they want to break it, they want to be it, and if they can't they don't want to admit its special-ness. Don't let them hurt you my darling boy, you are different and when you say that from now on I want it to be with pride. Now, lets do something fun." I stood up and looked down at his cast and sling before shifting, my clothes tore but I wasn't worried about it.

'Hop on, wrap your good arm around my neck.' I said through the pack link, he climbed up on my brown wolf, small but muscular Ivy purred and nuzzled William as he put his arm around our neck. Then I took off, I heard his gasps and giggles, I made sure to stay in pack lines. Finally I used my magic when I was sure he had a good grip and pushed the air behind me, making the run so fast everything simply blurred.

"WOW! Ivy, you guys are so fast", we purred and ran our head along his chest. Kids came running up yelling, I stuck my tongue out in a sloppy grin and laid down on my stomach when Angel asked for a ride. Her parents watched, they were scared for her I could tell, but then again she had died recently.

'We trust you.' Her mothers voice was followed with a smile, I nodded and shook when Angel climbed up and with her giggling I took off in circles staying where all the parents could see as kids giggled and awed, and I felt the worries of my old pack fade.