Drinking Alone

"Frank! Hey, asshole! Frank! Fraannk!" James yelled through the apartment, the tattooed man blearily opening his eyes.

"Fuck, James, go away..." Frank grumbled, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Gerard groaned softly, shifting in his sleep.

"Ah! Fuck, don't wake up," Frank whispered anxiously, carefully removing his arms from around Gerard's waist and crawling out of bed. He slipped on his boxers before opening the door, quietly padding down the short hallway to meet James.

"Hey, Frank; didn't'cha hear me calling for you?" James chuckled, his voice much too loud for Frank's liking.

"Shh! You'll wake him up," Frank hissed, relaxing a little when he didn't hear anything from the bedroom. "Why're you back already?"

"I left my phone charger and I needed cash," James replied, flashing a few crumpled bills. "Sorry, I had to borrow twenty from you."

"Whatever, it's fine," Frank said dismissively, anxious to get James out of there.

The floor creaked from down the hallway, Gerard slowly opening the bedroom door. "Frankie?" he rasped, rubbing his eyes. He opened them slowly, shrieking when he realized him and Frank weren't alone and he literally had no clothes on. "Shit!" he yelled, racing back into the bedroom and quickly closing the door.

"Um, Gee, are you okay?" Frank asked through the door, unable to keep the chuckle out of his voice.

"Hello, I'm James! Sorry we had to meet like that," his roommate yelled to the redhead, shoving his hands in his pockets. "I'm guessing you're Gerard."

"Um, yeah, that's me," the pale man said as he returned from the bedroom, now clad in a pair of Frank's boxers and one of his hoodies.

"Frank's told me a lot about you," James said with a smile, Gerard casting a worried glance at the tattooed man.

"Only good things," Frank added, reassuringly smiling at him.

"Well, I've got to be on my way... It was nice meeting you," James said cheerily, shaking Gerard's hand before heading to the door. "You can expect me back sometime tomorrow, Frank."

"See ya, James!" Frank called back, waving after his roommate.

"He seems nice," Gerard said with a smile, his cheeks still flushed crimson with embarrassment.

"We've been friends for a long time," Frank replied, a happy smile curving his mouth.

"I'm glad I got to meet him," Gerard said softly, pulling the sleeves of Frank's jacket down over his hands.

"Me too," Frank whispered, warmth filling his chest and emotion choking his voice. He cleared his throat before speaking again, offering the redhead a cup of coffee.

"I should get home, actually..." Gerard replied solemnly, a sad smile on his lips. "I made sure to feed Bandit before I left for work, but that was quite a few hours ago..."

"Oh, right," Frank said quietly, forcing a tiny smile.

"Yeah, well, I should get dressed then," Gerard mumbled, chewing his lip.

"Uh, yeah, I guess so," Frank sighed, his eyes sad as he followed Gerard back into his bedroom.

They dressed in silence, the only other words they spoke to each other was a short exchange in which Frank told Gerard he could keep the hoodie if he wanted, and Gerard merely shaking his head no.

The ride back to Inferno so Gerard could get his car was melancholic to say the least. Frank wanted Gerard to stay more than anything, and Gerard could hardly bear the thought of having to leave Frank again. His heart ached and tears pooled in his eyes, the poor redhead desperately wishing things were different.